Lost with 6.9 sizing

Dave

Hello all,

I am totally lost with the sizing in 6.9.
All was great with 6.8 but now I am in a total mess.
This is what I now have and I am missing input fields that are now not shown.

Is there a set of instructions to read from for some help?

Dave KC3AM

--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail. Click Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter the value 99 (any value other than 100) to restore the sizing behavior of 6.8.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Apr 5, 2021 9:50 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Lost with 6.9 sizing

Hello all,

I am totally lost with the sizing in 6.9.
All was great with 6.8 but now I am in a total mess.
This is what I now have and I am missing input fields that are now not shown.

Is there a set of instructions to read from for some help?

Dave KC3AM

--
73, Dave KC3AM Hams should be seen as well as heard

Bob Felton

Scott, I, too, am having window sizing issues after update to v6.9.  Your suggestion does work upon ACL opening.  However, if you minimize the window and then bring it back up again, the window size is at the size set in settings, but the log display itself is the same percentage as set within that window.  See attachments.  Form Size is set to 80.  Image 1 is the window after opening ACL.  It occupies 80% of the screen, as set in Settings.  Image 2 is after minimizing the window to the Taskbar and bringing ACL back up from the Taskbar.  This action was not the case in v6.8 and earlier.
--
Tnx es 73,
Bob
K7WLX

Scott Davis

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the screen shots.  That was tricky to find, but I have been able to duplicate it.  It appears it only occurs:

-  If you are running a form size less than 100%.
-  You haven't moved the form in any way during the current session.
-  You haven't grabbed the edge of the form with your mouse to resize it (ever, since entering the form size value - this is not current session dependent).

I am still trying track down the root cause, but I hope to have it corrected for the next release.  For now, just grab the edge of the form, move it ever so slightly and the minimize / maximize functions will again work normally.  Again, you only need to do this once after entering a new form size value, not every session.

Thanks again for the helpful screen shots!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Apr 6, 2021 2:52 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Lost with 6.9 sizing

Scott, I, too, am having window sizing issues after update to v6.9.  Your suggestion does work upon ACL opening.  However, if you minimize the window and then bring it back up again, the window size is at the size set in settings, but the log display itself is the same percentage as set within that window.  See attachments.  Form Size is set to 80.  Image 1 is the window after opening ACL.  It occupies 80% of the screen, as set in Settings.  Image 2 is after minimizing the window to the Taskbar and bringing ACL back up from the Taskbar.  This action was not the case in v6.8 and earlier.
--
Tnx es 73,
Bob
K7WLX

Bob Felton

Glad the screen shots helped, Scott.

I tried your trick about moving an edge ever so lightly.  Was happy to discover it did solve the issue and does stick.  Thanks for that!

Your software is great and your support for it is great.  Thanks for being there for us, Scott.
--
Bob
K7WLX