Logging Satellite contacts

EUGENE SCHERRER

Hi,
I just started making satellite contacts and would like to use N3JFP logging software ..I have an Icom 9700 and am using Satpc32. Can anyone give me some advice?
Gene
W8VZ

Scott Davis

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

I've never done any satellite work here, but other users have reported success by adding the Prop_Mode and Sat_Name fields to the main form and filling in the values LoTW and the TQSL software are looking for accordingly.

You can configure AC Log with these fields on the main form by following the instructions detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q79

If you have any trouble, please check with others who are doing satellite work on the N3FJPSoftwareUsers group.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2021 9:09 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Logging Satellite contacts

Hi,
I just started making satellite contacts and would like to use N3JFP logging software ..I have an Icom 9700 and am using Satpc32. Can anyone give me some advice?
Gene
W8VZ

EUGENE SCHERRER

Thank you. I will check it out.
Gene

On 05/15/2021 7:03 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

I've never done any satellite work here, but other users have reported success by adding the Prop_Mode and Sat_Name fields to the main form and filling in the values LoTW and the TQSL software are looking for accordingly.

You can configure AC Log with these fields on the main form by following the instructions detailed here:

If you have any trouble, please check with others who are doing satellite work on the N3FJPSoftwareUsers group.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

EUGENE SCHERRER

I have modified the data fields in the log form to include " Prop Mode" and        " Satellite Name",  in that order after the other required fields on the input screen, then entered about 27 q's and tried to upload to LOTW. Here is the message I got      "Invalid PROP_MODE (SATELLITE) on line 1904". This message was on every line for the satellite q's that I entered.  Can anyone provide some guidance on what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Gene 
W8VZ

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

Stephen E. Belter

Gene,

Try changing a couple of your satellite Q’s using Prop Mode of SAT instead of SATELLITE.  See if the complaints go away for those Q’s.  In my log, I always use SAT.

LoTW is particular about what it expects and what is allows.

73, Steve N9IP

-- 

Steve Belter, seb@...

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "EUGENE SCHERRER via groups.io" <escherrer506@...>
Reply-To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Date: Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:10 PM
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Logging Satellite contacts

I have modified the data fields in the log form to include " Prop Mode" and        " Satellite Name",  in that order after the other required fields on the input screen, then entered about 27 q's and tried to upload to LOTW. Here is the message I got      "Invalid PROP_MODE (SATELLITE) on line 1904". This message was on every line for the satellite q's that I entered.  Can anyone provide some guidance on what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Gene 

W8VZ

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

www.n3fjp.com

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

EUGENE SCHERRER

Thanks Steve. I will give it a  try.
Gene

On 05/16/2021 6:25 PM Stephen E. Belter <seb@...> wrote:

Gene,

Try changing a couple of your satellite Q’s using Prop Mode of SAT instead of SATELLITE.  See if the complaints go away for those Q’s.  In my log, I always use SAT.

73, Steve N9IP

-- 

Steve Belter, seb@...

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "EUGENE SCHERRER via groups.io" <escherrer506@...>

Gene 

W8VZ

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

www.n3fjp.com

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

EUGENE SCHERRER

Steve,
That did the trick, as far as I know all satellite q's were accepted. .Thanks again for your help.
Gene

On 05/16/2021 6:25 PM Stephen E. Belter <seb@...> wrote:

Gene,

73, Steve N9IP

-- 

Steve Belter, seb@...

Gene 

W8VZ

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

www.n3fjp.com

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

Jim Shorney

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/frequently-asked-questions/

See "What constitutes a QSO "match?", "7. Satellites".

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 16 May 2021 22:25:49 +0000
"Stephen E. Belter" <seb@wintek.com> wrote:

Gene,

Try changing a couple of your satellite Q’s using Prop Mode of SAT instead of SATELLITE. See if the complaints go away for those Q’s. In my log, I always use SAT.

73, Steve N9IP
--
Steve Belter, seb@wintek.com<mailto:seb@wintek.com>

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "EUGENE SCHERRER via groups.io" <escherrer506=comcast.net@groups.io>

I have modified the data fields in the log form to include " Prop Mode" and " Satellite Name", in that order after the other required fields on the input screen, then entered about 27 q's and tried to upload to LOTW. Here is the message I got "Invalid PROP_MODE (SATELLITE) on line 1904". This message was on every line for the satellite q's that I entered. Can anyone provide some guidance on what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Gene
W8VZ
On 05/15/2021 7:03 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm> the hope that you have<http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ

Mike Seguin

Did you spell out "satellite"?? Just use SAT for Prop_Mode.

On 5/16/2021 5:09 PM, EUGENE SCHERRER wrote:
Gene
W8VZ
On 05/15/2021 7:03 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Gene,
Thanks for your e-mail.
Be well and enjoy!
73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ
--
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

EUGENE SCHERRER

Mike,
I originally spelled out satellite and it would not go. then edited the log to Sat and it worked.
Gene

On 05/16/2021 5:58 PM Mike Seguin via groups.io <n1jez=burlingtontelecom.net@groups.io> wrote:

Did you spell out "satellite"?? Just use SAT for Prop_Mode.

On 5/16/2021 5:09 PM, EUGENE SCHERRER wrote:
I have modified the data fields in the log form to include " Prop Mode"
and        " Satellite Name",  in that order after the other required
fields on the input screen, then entered about 27 q's and tried to
upload to LOTW. Here is the message I got      "Invalid PROP_MODE
(SATELLITE) on line 1904". This message was on every line for the
satellite q's that I entered.  Can anyone provide some guidance on what
I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Gene
W8VZ
On 05/15/2021 7:03 AM Scott Davis via groups.io
<snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Gene,
Thanks for your e-mail.
I've never done any satellite work here, but other users have reported
success by adding the Prop_Mode and Sat_Name fields to the main form
and filling in the values LoTW and the TQSL software are looking for
accordingly.
You can configure AC Log with these fields on the main form by
following the instructions detailed here:
If you have any trouble, please check with others who are doing
satellite work on the N3FJPSoftwareUsers group.
Be well and enjoy!
73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com
Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging software since 1997.
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who
asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the
hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with
gentleness and respect/...

Hi,
I just started making satellite contacts and would like to use N3JFP
logging software ..I have an Icom 9700 and am using Satpc32. Can
anyone give me some advice?
Gene
W8VZ
--
Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...>

What I do is go into ARRL site LoTW and manually enter them….works 100&

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of EUGENE SCHERRER
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 5:10 PM

Gene 

W8VZ

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Hi,
Gene
W8VZ