Listing previous contacts

John Grainger

Hello All
I am now really enjoying using AClog and have input all my contacts going back to the mid 1970's. Yesterday I worked a station on 2m that I last worked 45 years ago! Apologies if this question has been asked before.......
What I want to know is this. Is it possible to set up ACLog to list ALL previous contacts with a station, even if some may have been /M or /A for example. At the moment it only lists exactly as you are inputing the call.
73 and stay safe
John G4FTN

W5DET

Hello John,
You can easily do what you're asking using the FIND function button at the top of the window.  I don't know how Scott has coded the prior contact query which pops up the info you were looking at, but if it's just an SQL query, he might find it easy to modify if there is enough demand.
Please give us the authoritative answer, Scott.

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn Donaldson

I did a search for PHONE WAS and what I got back doesn't compare with LOTW. The problem is I can not get a listing of the stations, so I can compare. I would like to have a query that would display data in the form of Rec#,Date/Time,Band,Mode,State, and Country. Or better yet something along the line that LOTW does

Band:
Select QSOs to List
Call sign worked:   May use wildcards (? and *)
Your call sign:  
Starting Date: Time:

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM
Ending Date: Time:

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM
Mode:
Show confirmed QSOs only
DXCC Entity:
Sort by
Descending

Award Account

Submit Query Form

Common Queries

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 3:39:11 PM CDT, W5DET <w5det@...> wrote:

Hello John,
You can easily do what you're asking using the FIND function button at the top of the window.  I don't know how Scott has coded the prior contact query which pops up the info you were looking at, but if it's just an SQL query, he might find it easy to modify if there is enough demand.

Doug Thompson, W5DET

Bill Grover

Make sure you are doing this from the LoTW website.
  1.   Go to Awards then select your account.  If you have not done this before you will need to create your WAS account.
Image.png

2.  Once you are in your account you will see all of the different endorsements along with your QSO count and status.

Image.png

3.  Select the category you are interested in.  By default the system will show you all of the states you have worked and the call worked.

Image.png

4.  Clicking on a call will give you the QSO details.

Image.png

Personally when my list of QSOs are displayed I change the radio button to All US States.  Then you can scroll the list looking for the states with no call and see which one(s) you need.  As you can see from above I’m only missing 1 - Mississippi to add the Phone endorsement. 

Image.png

Hope this helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:24:40 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Listing previous contacts

I did a search for PHONE WAS and what I got back doesn't compare with LOTW. The problem is I can not get a listing of the stations, so I can compare. I would like to have a query that would display data in the form of Rec#,Date/Time,Band,Mode,State, and Country. Or better yet something along the line that LOTW does

Band:
Select QSOs to List
Your call sign:  

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM
Mode:
Show confirmed QSOs only
DXCC Entity:
Sort by
Descending

Award Account

Submit Query Form

Common Queries

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hello John,

Doug Thompson, W5DET

Bill Grover

JoAnn, after I sent this I realized I misunderstood your question.  You can ignore the following.

William Grover

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Bill Grover via groups.io <bgrover@...>
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:52:45 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

1.   Go to Awards then select your account.  If you have not done this before you will need to create your WAS account.
Image.png

2.  Once you are in your account you will see all of the different endorsements along with your QSO count and status.

Image.png

3.  Select the category you are interested in.  By default the system will show you all of the states you have worked and the call worked.

Image.png

Image.png

Personally when my list of QSOs are displayed I change the radio button to All US States.  Then you can scroll the list looking for the states with no call and see which one(s) you need.  As you can see from above I’m only missing 1 - Mississippi to add the Phone endorsement. 

Image.png

Hope this helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...>

Band:
Select QSOs to List
Your call sign:  

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM
Mode:
Show confirmed QSOs only
DXCC Entity:
Sort by
Descending

Award Account

Submit Query Form

Common Queries

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hello John,

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn Donaldson

I got thinking more about this and discovered that if Scott just used the boxes on the main menu that almost all SQL Queries would be covered. All he would have to do is when you click the search tab, it would make a SQL Query string based on what it found in the boxes, then clear the grid and display the results. maybe include one or two of the Custom boxes for those entries that are not common. I have done a lot of SQL Query setups like this back before I retired from work.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 4:54:41 PM CDT, Bill Grover <bgrover@...> wrote:

JoAnn, after I sent this I realized I misunderstood your question.  You can ignore the following.

William Grover

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Bill Grover via groups.io <bgrover@...>
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 5:52:45 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

Hope this helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Band:
Select QSOs to List
Your call sign:  

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM

YYYY-MM-DD
HHMM
Mode:
Show confirmed QSOs only
DXCC Entity:
Sort by
Descending

Award Account

Submit Query Form

Common Queries

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hello John,

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn Donaldson

Doug Thompson, W5DET

That only works for calls. I want to be able to list (find) say all calls to Delaware. I know I can go into Awards and do a search by Mode or/and Band but it doesn't show the Call, Date/Time, and etc. If I select Awards, WAS, PHONE, I would like to see all the records that matched the criteria, not just a list of states logged and confirmed and states not confirmed.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Larry Banks

Hi JoAnn,

Have you tried putting DE in the STATE entry window and hitting SEARCH?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 19:22

Doug Thompson, W5DET

That only works for calls. I want to be able to list (find) say all calls to Delaware. I know I can go into Awards and do a search by Mode or/and Band but it doesn't show the Call, Date/Time, and etc. If I select Awards, WAS, PHONE, I would like to see all the records that matched the criteria, not just a list of states logged and confirmed and states not confirmed.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

To see all your QSOs with Delaware, enter DE in the State field, and then click the Search menu option. That will do the trick.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 5, 2021 7:22 pm

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn Donaldson

Larry -- W1DYJ

Wonders never cease to amaze me. That is exactly what I was quoting.
Thank you for pointing that out to me. Us old dogs can learn new tricks. LOL

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 6:41:00 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

To see all your QSOs with Delaware, enter DE in the State field, and then click the Search menu option. That will do the trick.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

JoAnn Donaldson

Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Looks like only partly done. If I want all Delware (DE) and RTTY, it ignores the MODE and only does the State. IMHO, Search should use all the boxes in any combination. It is a simple SQL Sequence that will include the data if present in the box but exclude data where box is empty. That way you can search for all Band, Band and State, Mode, State and Mode, State, Band
Band,State
Band, Mode
Band,State,Mode
Mode
State,
State,Mode

You can not do these others (Band,Mode) because there is No Check Box for it.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 6:49:58 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Larry -- W1DYJ

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 6:41:00 PM CDT, Scott Davis via groups.io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Larry Banks

Hi JoAnn,

When I search on DE & RTTY it works for me.  Be sure to turn off Rig Control (Shift-Cntrl-R), otherwise it will follow the rig settings.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 21:41

Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Looks like only partly done. If I want all Delware (DE) and RTTY, it ignores the MODE and only does the State. IMHO, Search should use all the boxes in any combination. It is a simple SQL Sequence that will include the data if present in the box but exclude data where box is empty. That way you can search for all Band, Band and State, Mode, State and Mode, State, Band
Band,State
Band, Mode
Band,State,Mode
Mode
State,
State,Mode

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, April 5, 2021, 6:49:58 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Larry -- W1DYJ

Thank you for pointing that out to me. Us old dogs can learn new tricks LOL

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hi JoAnn,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

W5DET

JoAnn
Take a look at MDB Viewer Plus.  I have used it for years to generate my own views and reports from Micro$oft Access databases.  The program is free.  The link takes you directly to the author's site.

73, Doug

Dan Morris

Use DE and the RTTY also in the mode field and then search and that should do it.

Dan Morris. KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:42 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Band,State
Band, Mode
Band,State,Mode
Mode
State,
State,Mode

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Larry -- W1DYJ

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hi JoAnn,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Scott Davis

Hi JoAnn,

For queries including band and mode, press Ctrl + Shift + R to temporarily disable rig interface so that those values are also evaluated in the search.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Apr 5, 2021 10:19 pm

Use DE and the RTTY also in the mode field and then search and that should do it.

Dan Morris. KZ3T
dbmorris315@...

On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:42 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Band,State
Band, Mode
Band,State,Mode
Mode
State,
State,Mode

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Larry -- W1DYJ

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Hi JoAnn,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

My rig is not one and I could enter grid, state, and mode and it all comes up perfectly after hitting the search at the top of the log.

Well done Scott  TU

Frank

NG1I

“The old dog who does learn new tricks”  😊

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Banks via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 10:08 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Hi JoAnn,

When I search on DE & RTTY it works for me.  Be sure to turn off Rig Control (Shift-Cntrl-R), otherwise it will follow the rig settings.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2021 21:41

Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Band,State

Band, Mode

Band,State,Mode

Mode

State,

State,Mode

JoAnn

AB8YZ

Larry -- W1DYJ

Thank you for pointing that out to me. Us old dogs can learn new tricks LOL

JoAnn

AB8YZ

Hi JoAnn,

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Doug Thompson, W5DET

JoAnn

AB8YZ

John Grainger

Thanks for your reply Doug, W5DET
My question appears to have become mixed up into another strand's replies.
It is as I thought though, that it can't be done. I know you can do a search, but I would have liked this information to appear on screen as I type in the callsign of a new contact without having to do a second task. As a newcomer to ACLog it is the only thing I don't like about it, although I have only used the basic logging facilities so far.
73 and stay safe
John G4FTN