ITU vs iIARU

Mel Marcus

I am a bit confused. in the section awards > 1010 is see a box for IARU which is blank and a box for ITU that has about 30 entries. I dont know the difference between IARU AND ITU. i have worked the IARU contest. Can someone please give an explanation.

Mel
NE9A

Kevin Gray

The ITU are the “Zones” (1-90 ?) { https://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/maps/ituzone.php}

 whereas the IARU are the “Member societies” (DARC, REF, LABRE, ARRL) { https://www.iaru.org/reference/member-societies/}

I dont know the difference between IARU AND ITU

http://www.arrl.org/iaru/

The IARU is recognized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) as the representative of the interests of its member societies and radio amateurs throughout the world. The IARU is a Sector Member of the ITU Radiocommunication (ITU-R) and Development (ITU-D) Sectors and participates in the Study Groups of both Sectors.

Kevin

N9VPV

I am a bit confused. in the section awards > 1010 is see a box for IARU which is blank and a box for ITU that has about 30 entries. I dont know the difference between IARU AND ITU. i have worked the IARU contest. Can someone please give an explanation.

Mel

NE9A

Lou WA5LOU

International Telecommunication Union

Telecommunications company
image.png
The International Telecommunication Union is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for all matters related to information and communication technologies. It was established on 17 May 1865 as the International Telegraph Union, making it among the oldest international organizations still in operation. Wikipedia
Founded: May 17, 1865
Formation: 17 May 1865; 156 years ago

International Amateur Radio Union

image.png
The International Amateur Radio Union is an international confederation of national organisations that allows a forum for common matters of concern to amateur radio operators worldwide, and collectively represents matters to the International Telecommunication Union.
Founded: April 18, 1925
Main organ: Administrative Council
Membership: 173 national member societies
Motto: "Working for the Future of Amateur Radio"

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:07 PM Kevin Gray <n9vpv@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that info , but what I am trying to figure out is why N3FJP has a column for IARU and ITU. When I did the IARU contest. the info was stored in the ITU section and not the IARU in the awards > 10-10 section. someone told me the number of the ITU and the IARU section are the same.

Mel

I am a bit confused. in the section awards > 1010 is see a box for IARU which is blank and a box for ITU that has about 30 entries. I dont know the difference between IARU AND ITU. i have worked the IARU contest. Can someone please give an explanation.

Mel

NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Our software uses the ITUz field.

Thanks for that info , but what I am trying to figure out is why N3FJP has a column for IARU and ITU. When I did the IARU contest. the info was stored in the ITU section and not the IARU in the awards > 10-10 section. someone told me the number of the ITU and the IARU section are the same.

Mel

I am a bit confused. in the section awards > 1010 is see a box for IARU which is blank and a box for ITU that has about 30 entries. I dont know the difference between IARU AND ITU. i have worked the IARU contest. Can someone please give an explanation.

Mel
NE9A

Mel Marcus

Scott

Thanks, when does the software use the IARU field?