Topics

Is there a way to tune rig frequency using keyboard while running AClog?

Campbell Enterprises

Hello All,

I just recently learned that I can enter a frequency in the "Call" field and that it will tune the rig I have connecting to ACLog. I have searched but I can not find a way to do additional tuning of the rig frequency using ACLog and the keyboard. Is there a way to change frequencies using for example the arrow keys on the keyboard?

The way my equipment is set up it would be really nice not to have to reach for the VFO knob on the rig if I could tune up and down the bands using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

WA4OFW

K4GM-George

Ctrl F for starters

On 10/16/2020 1:32 PM, Campbell Enterprises wrote:
Hello All,

I just recently learned that I can enter a frequency in the "Call" field and that it will tune the rig I have connecting to ACLog. I have searched but I can not find a way to do additional tuning of the rig frequency using ACLog and the keyboard. Is there a way to change frequencies using for example the arrow keys on the keyboard?

The way my equipment is set up it would be really nice not to have to reach for the VFO knob on the rig if I could tune up and down the bands using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

WA4OFW

K4GM-George

Also try Ctrl plus an arrow key.

On 10/16/2020 1:32 PM, Campbell Enterprises wrote:
Hello All,

I just recently learned that I can enter a frequency in the "Call" field and that it will tune the rig I have connecting to ACLog. I have searched but I can not find a way to do additional tuning of the rig frequency using ACLog and the keyboard. Is there a way to change frequencies using for example the arrow keys on the keyboard?

The way my equipment is set up it would be really nice not to have to reach for the VFO knob on the rig if I could tune up and down the bands using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

WA4OFW

Scott Davis

Hi WA4OFW,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, in additional to Ctrl F, other details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q74

Rig Keyboard Fine Tuning (with rig interface enabled):

SSB:
Ctrl + Left / Right (large jump): +-500 Hz
Ctrl + Shift + Left / Right (medium jump): +-150 Hz
Ctrl + Up / Down (small jump): +-50 Hz
Ctrl + Shift + Up / Down (tiny jump): +-10 Hz

CW / DIG:
Ctrl + Left / Right (large jump): +-250 Hz
Ctrl + Shift + Left / Right (medium jump): +-80 Hz
Ctrl + Up / Down (small jump): +-20 Hz
Ctrl + Shift + Up / Down (tiny jump): +-5 Hz

On 10/16/2020 1:32 PM, Campbell Enterprises wrote:
Hello All,

I just recently learned that I can enter a frequency in the "Call" field and that it will tune the rig I have connecting to ACLog. I have searched but I can not find a way to do additional tuning of the rig frequency using ACLog and the keyboard. Is there a way to change frequencies using for example the arrow keys on the keyboard?

The way my equipment is set up it would be really nice not to have to reach for the VFO knob on the rig if I could tune up and down the bands using the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

WA4OFW

Campbell Enterprises

George and Scott, thank you very much. I will fire the rig up this evening and try those out, sounds great!

Now if I can just figure how to change my displayed name here. I think it picked up the campbell enterprises from my e-mail display name.

73

Marshall WA4OFW

Greg Cook

Scott,

With the rig interface engaged, pressing Ctrl + Up changes the SSB mode on my IC-7300 to CW. Pressing Ctrl + Down, for example, does not change it back to SSB. I have to reset it on the radio. Any advice?

Thanks,
Greg
JO3SLK

Scott Davis

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm unable to duplicate what you describe with my 7610.  If for example I tune to the edge of the CW / SSB portion of 10 meters, 28.300.02 and press Ctrl + Up, the rig mode changes to CW as the rig tunes to 28.299.97.  If I then press Ctrl + Down (twice because the CW increments are smaller), the rig tunes to 28.300.01 and the mode changes back to SSB.

If you paste a screen capture of your rig interface settings into an e-mail, it might bring something to light.