From: Thomas Blatch <tomve4hq@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Mar 11, 2021 9:32 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] international dx logger #fields

when logging a location the logger logged  PJ1T as Netherlands ? Should it not be Netherland Antilles ? Also CQ8M logged as Guinia-bissau. Should be AZores.

VG M

Did you mean PJ2T?

Matt - AF2F

Thanks for your e-mail. Our software uses Jim's, AD1C, Country List that Jim provides for multiple logging applications. If you click File > Download Country File from AD1C, you will see that CQ8M is properly mapped to Azores. Jim would have to comment on the PJ1T mapping. More details on Jim's Country List are here:

http://www.country-files.com/

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

when logging a location the logger logged  PJ1T as Netherlands ? Should it not be Netherland Antilles ? Also CQ8M logged as Guinia-bissau. Should be AZores.

Larry Banks

Hi Thomas (call?),

If I remember, Netherlands Antilles disappeared quite a while ago when it broke up into Curacao (PJ2) and Bonaire (PJ4).  Have you updated your country files?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 21:32

when logging a location the logger logged  PJ1T as Netherlands ? Should it not be Netherland Antilles ? Also CQ8M logged as Guinia-bissau. Should be AZores.

Thomas Blatch <tomve4hq@...>

yes I meant PJ2T it was a typo.
I downloaded the latest version (5) that I could find for the Int.DX contest.
I thought that would have included the latest country files list.
I will look for and download the latest country file list. Thank you for your help.
This should then correct this error and the CQ8M error.

Larry Banks

Hi Thomas,

You don’t have to look for the country files.  Just use: FILE >> Download Country Files from AD1C.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 10:47

yes I meant PJ2T it was a typo.
I downloaded the latest version (5) that I could find for the Int.DX contest.
I thought that would have included the latest country files list.
I will look for and download the latest country file list. Thank you for your help.
This should then correct this error and the CQ8M error.

Lou WA5LOU

Strange!  PJ1T doesn't come up in any database.

Lou WA5LOU

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 5:56 AM Thomas Blatch <tomve4hq@...> wrote:
when logging a location the logger logged  PJ1T as Netherlands ? Should it not be Netherland Antilles ? Also CQ8M logged as Guinia-bissau. Should be AZores.

Joseph Miller

Perhaps PJ2T. They were active in the DX contest last weekend.

73 de Joe KJ8O

Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 at 9:51 PM
From: "Lou WA5LOU" <loueverettsr@gmail.com>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 5:56 AM Thomas Blatch <tomve4hq@gmail.com> wrote:

when logging a location the logger logged PJ1T as Netherlands ? Should it
not be Netherland Antilles ? Also CQ8M logged as Guinia-bissau. Should be
AZores.

George Merkle N0GM

Have to laugh, PJ2T is one of those 40 wpm stations that I listen to for 5 minutes before I can figure out the call, so we all know how this happens! Another reason I like N3FJP software, when it doesn’t find the call, it’s a clue what I thought was a B might be a 6 or an H is actually a 5, etc.
George N0̸GM