Topics

Integrating AC Log, a 2nd N3FJP log and FLRIG

Frank Mellott

Good morning 
I feel like it is a simple solution but i have not figured it out.

Setting up AC log to communicate to the radio and record frequency, etc, is pretty simple.

I like QSO parties and found it is really cool to use the TCPIP conndctions in ACLOG so the state qso party log captures band and frequency. No more changing bands but forgot to change the loa, log!

I use FLRIG as the CAT control for FLDIGI and WSJT-X. But if i want to use PSK31 or RTTY in a contest through FLDIGI,  what are the settings I need in ACLOG and the qso party log to successfuly log a digital qso?

I feel like its in the port settings in the N3FJP AC LOG interface but have not found a combination that works.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
KB3PQT 

Scott Davis

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your e-mail.  For digital contests, you will want to interface the digital software directly with the specific contest program, not AC Log.  For example, you can interface FLDigi directly with my CQ WW RTTY Software for next weekend's contest as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html

State QSO parties are handled similarly.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2020 10:27 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Integrating AC Log, a 2nd N3FJP log and FLRIG

Good morning 
I feel like it is a simple solution but i have not figured it out.

Setting up AC log to communicate to the radio and record frequency, etc, is pretty simple.

I like QSO parties and found it is really cool to use the TCPIP conndctions in ACLOG so the state qso party log captures band and frequency. No more changing bands but forgot to change the loa, log!

I use FLRIG as the CAT control for FLDIGI and WSJT-X. But if i want to use PSK31 or RTTY in a contest through FLDIGI,  what are the settings I need in ACLOG and the qso party log to successfuly log a digital qso?

I feel like its in the port settings in the N3FJP AC LOG interface but have not found a combination that works.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
KB3PQT 

Frank Mellott

Thanks Scott
Appreciate the help.

Frank
KB3PQT 

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A