From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of deni via groups.io <deni@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:04:10 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Info Please

I am thinking of checking out the DX spotting software and I cannot seem
to find the pages indicating how to set it up.  I am also interested if
it sends texts or emails for the spots you are after.
Thanks
deni
WBØTAX

deni

Yes sir

On 3/3/2021 5:12 PM, Bill Grover wrote:
Are you talking about the spotting options in ACL?

William Grover

I am thinking of checking out the DX spotting software and I cannot seem
to find the pages indicating how to set it up.  I am also interested if
it sends texts or emails for the spots you are after.
Thanks
deni
WBØTAX

Bill Grover

Ok,

ACL doesn’t alert on spots.  Turning on the spotting shrinks the logging portion of the window by a percentage you specify then adds a grid to the bottom where spots reported to the cluster you chose appear.  You can then click on an entry in the grid and the info will populate the logging fields.  Also, and this is the best part, if ACL has rig control turned on it will tune your rig to the spot.

You also get the band map feature that is hard to describe but great when you see it.  This is a new window that shows all of the calls for the band you are on positioned relative to each other based on each stations frequency.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Are you talking about the spotting options in ACL?

William Grover

I am thinking of checking out the DX spotting software and I cannot seem
to find the pages indicating how to set it up.  I am also interested if
it sends texts or emails for the spots you are after.
Thanks
deni
WBØTAX

Dennis Moore

When I turn it on I get a blue grid with horizontal lines evenly spaced but all vertical lines are bunched together on the left side of the grid, and there is no text displayed.

Dennis NJ6G

On 3/3/2021 15:21, Bill Grover wrote:
Turning on the spotting shrinks the logging portion of the window by a percentage you specify then adds a grid to the bottom where spots reported to the cluster you chose appear.  You can then click on an entry in the grid and the info will populate the logging fields.

Bob Willey

I have DX Spotting turned ON
and it works fine.

I do not see the new Band Feature, just the Band Graph
image.png

No call signs, no frequencies..???
What am I missing?
Ohhhh, I just answered my own question, stumbled into the Ctrl-E option buried, but not on the VIEW menu....
image.png

photo
Bob Willey
K3RLW

(410) 251-8960 | K3RLW@...

http://qrz.com/db/K3RLW

5161 Ocean Gateway, Trappe Maryland 21673-2023 USA

--
Bob Willey - K3RLW - Trappe MD
https://www.qrz.com/db/K3RLW

Dennis Moore

I reset DX Spots Width to default and now the grid works FB. I had never used it before, so don't know why they wouldn't have been at the default already. No matter (to me), it's working now.

73, Dennis NJ6G

On 3/3/2021 16:10, Dennis Moore wrote:
When I turn it on I get a blue grid with horizontal lines evenly spaced but all vertical lines are bunched together on the left side of the grid, and there is no text displayed.

Dennis NJ6G

Scott Davis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the follow up. To reset your column widths click Settings > Reset Columns to Default > DX Spots width.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ