From: Malcolm via groups.io <Wb7wuq@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Identifying LOTW and eQSL Users in Log

I've migrated from DXLab's DXKeeper.  That application would identify LOTW and eQSL users by color, so I could determine which online QSL program to upload to.  I see that in ACLog one can identify LOTW users in spots, but I'm looking for something for QSOs already logged in the database.
Thanks 73 to all,
Malcolm

Jim Shorney

You are making it more complicated than it needs to be. I just upload all contacts to both. I often get new confirmations for contacts up to 20 years ago.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 16:00:16 -0800
"Malcolm via groups.io" <Wb7wuq=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:

I've migrated from DXLab's DXKeeper.  That application would identify LOTW and eQSL users by color, so I could determine which online QSL program to upload to.  I see that in ACLog one can identify LOTW users in spots, but I'm looking for something for QSOs already logged in the database.
Thanks 73 to all,
Malcolm

Malcolm

Help!  I just found out I can't edit my posts in this group.  So I guess that means you have to delete and start over.

Thanks for your quick response, Jim.  Nice to meet you.  Yes, it certainly would be easier to just upload everything to both, but I only upload to eQSL if that's the recipient's only option: hence my question. Cheers to you!

And thank you also, Kimberly!  I just love the software that your family is working so hard on.  Yes, seeing the LOTW confirmations certainly narrows it down.  It seems like few use eQSL exclusively, and the majority in my log that don't use LOTW don't use
eQSL either.  For now I could look up those not confirmed on QRZ.com:  they have fields for that; or, it might be faster to just export and import over to DXKeeper and sort the records there by the "eQSL only" field.  There's always a way.

Maybe this could be added to your feature requests list.

73!  Malcolm

Jim Shorney

And I would ask "why not?" It's only a couple of mouse clicks and the ops that are not on eQSL now, or five years ago, or whenever, could sign up tomorrow or next year. I was an early adopter of eQSL but dragged my feet with LoTW. When I finally broke down and signed up I uploaded all my 10 Meter contest logs and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had DXCC confirmed.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 21:41:41 -0800
"Malcolm via groups.io" <Wb7wuq=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for your quick response, Jim.  Yes, it certainly would be easier to just upload everything to both, if that were your modus operandi; but I only upload to everything to LOTW, and only to eQSL if that's the only confirmation program used by the recipient, hence my question.  Yes, it would really be cool to get confirmations from the 70's, except many of them are now dead.  But hey, why not?  If they can vote why can't they also send me a confirmation by LOTW?  Not that complicated.

Cheers to you!

And thank you also, Kimberly!  I just love the software that your family is working so hard on.  Yes, seeing the LOTW confirmations certainly narrows it down.  From my experience there are very few that only use eQSL, and a majority that don't use LOTW (from my log anyway) don't use either.  For now I could look up those not confirmed on QRZ as they have fields for that; or, it might be faster to just export and import over to DXKeeper and sort the records there by the "eQSL only" field.  There's always a way.

73!  Malcolm