ic 7300 with new firmware update

james soto

Hi

For a few days now iam operating the ic 7300 with the new upgrade. Using the radio without

A pc connect to it is fine but at the moment I connect any software for contest or in this case

Aclog  I find that the software work but very slow in the commands and most of the time

Have to turn the radio off and on so it recognize the ports. I connect another pc to test and is doing the same. All that since the firmware update. Do anyone report any of this or other behavior similar since the firmware update?

Ps. Made contact with another hamradio operator and inform me similar sitation.

Thanks

KP2BH/ KP2DX

Jimmy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lou WA5LOU

Have you checked the N#FJP for info.  I found this for your rig:

Icom 7300
Rig Name = Icom
Read Frequency Command = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD
Read Mode Command = FE FE 94 E0 04 FD
Convert To Hex = True
Baud Rate = 9600 (one user reported 56000, another reported 4800, but most reports have been 9600.)
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Data Bits = 8
Power Option = None
Rob, KD9INB reports: "Had to turn the connection power to "Off" in the software setting AND also in the rig, and also had to set the CI-V port in the rig from"Unlinked" to "Linked". Made sure the baud rate setting in the rig and software matched and viola! Works like a charm now."

Hope this helps.

73 and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 12:34 PM james soto via groups.io <kp2bh=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

For a few days now iam operating the ic 7300 with the new upgrade. Using the radio without

A pc connect to it is fine but at the moment I connect any software for contest or in this case

Aclog  I find that the software work but very slow in the commands and most of the time

Have to turn the radio off and on so it recognize the ports. I connect another pc to test and is doing the same. All that since the firmware update. Do anyone report any of this or other behavior similar since the firmware update?

Ps. Made contact with another hamradio operator and inform me similar sitation.

Thanks

KP2BH/ KP2DX

Jimmy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

JeffBanke

I have these settings
Icom 7300
Rig Name = Icom
Read Frequency Command = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD
Read Mode Command = FE FE 94 E0 04 FD
Convert To Hex = True
Baud Rate = 19200
Parity = None