How To Set Up A New Log

WA7WS

I've set up my ACL per Matt Heere's POTA guide on YouTube.
I have no trouble setting up a new log for different activations and merging them once manipulated via ADIF Master into the main POTA log

I'd like to set up a totally new log for my general contacts, etc.  I don't know how to do that.  When I click on NEW, I get two choices.. but both bring me back to the template I created for POTA

What buttons do I need to click to open a new log such as was presented before I created a POTA template?

Thanks, Bill

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail. The File > New options only affects your log data and not the log template.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 8, 2021 8:22 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] How To Set Up A New Log

I've set up my ACL per Matt Heere's POTA guide on YouTube.
I have no trouble setting up a new log for different activations and merging them once manipulated via ADIF Master into the main POTA log

I'd like to set up a totally new log for my general contacts, etc.  I don't know how to do that.  When I click on NEW, I get two choices.. but both bring me back to the template I created for POTA

What buttons do I need to click to open a new log such as was presented before I created a POTA template?

Thanks, Bill

WA7WS

Kimberly.. i don't understand.
No matter what I do, I only come up with the POTA template.
I need to find a way to create a whole new log as presented before I modified what was there per Matt's video.

I'm not savvy with this.. maybe someone can do a simple? step by step?

VG M

I guess the only way would be to have ACL under a different account on the computer.

Matt - AF2F

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of WA7WS <chipz40@...>
Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 10:07 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] How To Set Up A New Log

I need to find a way to create a whole new log as presented before I modified what was there per Matt's video.

Roy Jackson

The only way to do what you want to do is to set up two different user accounts in Windows. Use one for POTA and the other for general logging.

Roy G. Jackson KW4G Sebring, Florida USA

On 3/8/2021 10:07 AM, WA7WS wrote:

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your follow up.

When you click File > New and select the New Database option to create a new log, the log file is different but the template (ie. POTA setup in your case) remains the same. All the user settings, including LoTW settings, are shared among the log files.

You will not be able to create customized AC Log templates simply by creating a new log file.

The better approach is to create a new Windows user account. That way, AC Log, the log file and all the individualized settings are saved in each account's personal user settings. It will be as if each log file has it's own personal copy of AC Log.

Details for setting up your Windows User Accounts are here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Mar 8, 2021 10:07 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] How To Set Up A New Log