Topics

How to have two different configurations of AC Log's on same computer.

Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA

I would like to have my normal AC Log setup on my laptop to use when portable.
But I would also like to have a modified version of AC Log to use with POTA on the same computer.
WHat is the best way to run two separate versions on AC Log on the same computer?

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail. This FAQ applies to a multi-ham family set up, but can be used for your situation as well.

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I would like to have my normal AC Log setup on my laptop to use when portable.
But I would also like to have a modified version of AC Log to use with POTA on the same computer.
WHat is the best way to run two separate versions on AC Log on the same computer?

Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA

Scott,
I have read the FAQ (which I should have checked first), but neither option mentioned accomplishes what I was striving for. On my laptop, which I use for portable operation, I wanted to have my standard AC Log and a very modified version for POTA until you write a POTA contest log. I have watched several of the YouTube videos people have done on modifying AC Log for POTA and really like what they have done. I guess I could create a separate computer account and make it happen.
Thanks for your great programs and all your help on the user group!

Mel
N7GCO

"To know Christ and Make Him Known"

Jim Shorney

I guess I am wondering why you would not want the POTA information to be available in your main station log?

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 08:44:46 -0800
"Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA" <teammel@gmail.com> wrote:

Scott,
I have read the FAQ (which I should have checked first), but neither option mentioned accomplishes what I was striving for. On my laptop, which I use for portable operation, I wanted to have my standard AC Log and a very modified version for POTA until you write a POTA contest log. I have watched several of the YouTube videos people have done on modifying AC Log for POTA and really like what they have done. I guess I could create a separate computer account and make it happen.
Thanks for your great programs and all your help on the user group!

Mel
N7GCO

"To know Christ and Make Him Known"

Roy Jackson

From postings on this list by N3FJP and others, I have learned that you can save different logs on your computer, but changing the configuration on one log changes the configuration on all. The only way to have separate configuration files is to set up separate user accounts. Good luck es 73.

Roy G. Jackson KW4G Sebring, Florida USA