From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of John AJ1R
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 5:38 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Hot ey to exit app

Is there a "Hot key' sequence to exit the logger app?
I looked in the list of key sequences, i found a lot but no exit sequence.
Anyone know if one is available.

Jim Shorney

Alt-F, E.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 02 Dec 2020 15:38:02 -0800
"John AJ1R" <JRoe43@outlook.com> wrote:

Is there a "Hot key' sequence to exit the logger app?
I looked in the list of key sequences, i found a lot but no exit sequence.
Anyone know if one is available.

John AJ1R

Thanks Jim Shorney for your message.
The sequence that works is
Dec 2

Alt-F, E, E

There are actually two entries in the File list that are triggered  by the E.
unfortunately Exit is the 2nd one in the list.

I would respectfully ask if this can  be changed so you only have to hit E once.
At least in my use I Exit more often than Export ADIF.

Paul AC9O

You can exit most any Windows program by using ALT-F4, so long as the window has focus.

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I will probably change the sequence to Alt X on the next AC Log release.

Going through all the 120+ contest programs to make that change is on the list, but at the very bottom.  :)

There are actually two entries in the File list that are triggered  by the E.
unfortunately Exit is the 2nd one in the list.

I would respectfully ask if this can  be changed so you only have to hit E once.
At least in my use I Exit more often than Export ADIF.

John AJ1R

Pat Whelton  KZ5J

I just noticed your reply
The problem with your simple solution I believe is
If you have the "auto backup on exit" option enabled
then I do not think you get a backup made
I assume this why Scott said he would make the change I suggested at some point

Scott Davis

Hi Guys,

The backup function fires regardless of the method you use to close the software.