Topics

help with LOTW to ACLOG

David R. Hassall WA5DJJ <dhassall@...>

Dear group,

Dear Group,

My friend has been having a real problem getting ACLOG to upload his LOTW contacts.   His original software for LOTW was loaded by is now deceased

wife and he didn't have all the passwords.   He has received a new TSQL certificate from the ARRL and I am going to help him put that in next Sunday.  But there is a issue that still bugs me from troubleshooting his LOTW/ACLOG setup.   When we went to the LOTW upload/download page and clicked on the ALL CONTACTS NOT UPLOADED block.   ACLog would then build the file and go through the duplicate check and when it was all done  a block would show up asking for a passcode or pass phrase.   Where does that come from?  Is it something that is tied to the TSQL or is it something that ACLOG generates.   If it is something that is stored in ACLOG software somewhere, can it be changed?   This is the item that is messing us up because he has no idea what passcode or pass phrase it is looking for and

we can't ask the person who installed the software what it was.    My friend has been blaming ARRL TSQL LOTW.  But after some time I am not sure that PASSCODE/PASS PHRASE is part of the LOTW SETUP but MAYBE a ACLOG function.

So this is why I am asking this question.   I am trying to understand the interconnect between these two systems so I can intelligently trouble shoot their interconnect.

Information about this Passcode /passphrase interface would be greatly appreciated.

73 Dave Hassall WA5DJJ  Las Cruces, New Mexico

QRSS SUPER GRABBER WEBSITE: http://www.qsl.net/wa5djj/

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  That message is generated from the TQSL software and can be eliminated as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q104

This is the direct link:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/removecertificatepassword/?lang=en

That is very kind of you to help your friend!

[...]

Mike Olbrisch

Hi Neighbor.

That message is a TQSL message.  The certificate is password protected.  The directions to unlock it is on the ARRL web site, here:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/removecertificatepassword/?lang=en

In the process it will ask you for the certificate password, so if you don’t have that you may be lost.  Good luck Dave.

I’m on night shift the next 4 days.  Night shift runs the grid out of the backup control room, in downtown.  So I won’t be in range of your repeater and I won’t wake you with the usually 0500 Saturday Morning greeting. I’ll be passing through your area in the JEEP soon, perhaps next week if our trailer is ready.  I’ll call as I drive through, or you can always track me as KD5KC-9 with full messaging.

Stay safe and well Dave!

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

[...]

Thanks Mike,   I will keep working on this.

Take care and have fun with your jeep.

[...]

If you need help, I’ll drive the 40 miles to your place and lend a hand for whatever I can do.  BTW, your governor’s lock-down has closed the dog training center, so we are not traveling to your area right now.  But I’d come out special for you.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.

El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.

SOTA W5T-Texas Association Manager.

NA-SOTA info is at:  http://na-sota.org/