Help with HRD and N3FJP

Michael Payne K5MFP

Hello!

I am in desperate need to find someone who has successfully integrated Ham Radio Deluxe (free version) and ACLog! I cannot figure out how to setup VSPE or com0com port sharing to enable Ham Radio Deluxe to control ACLog, but still be able to click on the interesting call in ACLog and it set my radio to the correct frequency in Ham Radio Deluxe. Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, could someone please contact me and provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this. I read about some users a while back that had done this, and I really want to do the same! Thanks!

73,

Michael Payne

K5MFP@...

or

michael.f.payne@...

Allan R Batteiger - WB5QNG

Michael

   Use VSPE to create a "Splitter"  on my system it is com# "enhanced com port" that is the source and com10 is the device that is used by multiple programs.

I then connect via com10 with ACL and HRD.   If I can modes and freq in HRD , ACL picks up the changes when I log a contact.   If I click on a spot in ACL the Freq changes shows up in HRD.

Allan WB5QNG

On 07/24/2021 7:51 PM, Michael Payne K5MFP wrote:

Hello!

I am in desperate need to find someone who has successfully integrated Ham Radio Deluxe (free version) and ACLog! I cannot figure out how to setup VSPE or com0com port sharing to enable Ham Radio Deluxe to control ACLog, but still be able to click on the interesting call in ACLog and it set my radio to the correct frequency in Ham Radio Deluxe. Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, could someone please contact me and provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this. I read about some users a while back that had done this, and I really want to do the same! Thanks!

73,

Michael Payne

K5MFP@...

or

michael.f.payne@...

Avast logo

Dave wo2x

What Allan said. VSPE will do exactly what you want. By the way , Michael, you never stated what radio you have. Flex 6000 series can do it without third party software. In the future it would be helpful to post more details, including radio and how things are currently connected.

73
Dave wo2x

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 09:23 PM, Dave wo2x wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that kind suggestion. I have a Kenwood TS-480HX. It is capable of 200 watts output. Here it is in detail. The Kenwood is connected to the Dell computer via a RTS cable.Baud is 9600, 8 bit, no parity, 1 stop bit.
I set up VSPE as a Splitter to my COM3 on the computer,  to be seen as virtual COM10 to both programs. I minimized the VSPE after it said ready, and then I set ACLog to COM10 and finally got it to see COM10, but I couldn't get it to poll. I also set up HRD exactly with the same com port, COM10. When starting HRD, it locks up every time.

I cannot get either program to work as COM10. The other parameters baud, CTS, etc., are all set the same on both programs and I did not change anything on the radio. I have spent several hours going over everything and trying it, but no luck. Think you can help

Michael Payne K5MFP

Dave,
Thanks for the kind suggestion. I have a kenwood TS-480HX - 299 watt output. I use a dell computer to connect to the Kenwood for control. Baude rate is 9600, no parity, 8 bit, 1 stop bit. nothing has changed on the computer or radio.

I set up VSPE as a Splitter to my COM3 on the computer,  to be seen as virtual COM10 to both programs. I minimized the VSPE after it said ready, and then I set ACLog to COM10 and finally got it to see COM10, but I couldn't get it to poll. I also set up HRD exactly with the same com port, COM10. When starting HRD, it locks up every time.

I cannot get either program to work as COM10 or Com5. The other parameters baud, CTS, etc., are all set the same on both programs and I did not change anything on the radio. I have spent several hours going over everything and trying it, but no luck. Thanks for your help. I would appreciate more in depth help.
If anyone else has solved this problem, please jump in!

Michael   K5MFP