Topics

GEDEBAGE CW Contest

W4WKU

Any suggestions on a contest log that I could press into service for the Gedebage CW Contest coming up this weekend?  Exchange is pretty basic: Log just needs to record (sent and received) callsign, band, signal report and serial number.  
Contest rules here: http://olkb.or.id/img/event/file_rule/gedebage-cw-contest-2020/RULES%2024th%20GBCW%20DX%202020%20rev1.pdf 
Thanks & 73,
David W4WKU

Scott Davis

Hi David,

Thanks for your e-mail.  There is actually more to it than meets the eye.  Please see this FAQ here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q73

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Dec 22, 2020 11:15 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] GEDEBAGE CW Contest

Any suggestions on a contest log that I could press into service for the Gedebage CW Contest coming up this weekend?  Exchange is pretty basic: Log just needs to record (sent and received) callsign, band, signal report and serial number.  
Contest rules here: http://olkb.or.id/img/event/file_rule/gedebage-cw-contest-2020/RULES%2024th%20GBCW%20DX%202020%20rev1.pdf 
Thanks & 73,
David W4WKU

W4WKU

Hi Scott,
Thank you for the fast reply, and pointing out the limitations of using a contest program written for a different contest. However, even with those limitations, a program that tracks the S/N and identifies dupes is a huge improvement over a pen and paper.  So even a reasonably close fit would be better, I think, than nothing at all!
Best to you and your family for a happy and healthy Christmas,
David

Scott Davis

Thanks for your follow up and understanding David.  Yes, you can certainly use another, existing program that I've created to support a different contest, if you are willing to accept those limitations.

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Dec 23, 2020 9:10 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] GEDEBAGE CW Contest

Hi Scott,
Thank you for the fast reply, and pointing out the limitations of using a contest program written for a different contest. However, even with those limitations, a program that tracks the S/N and identifies dupes is a huge improvement over a pen and paper.  So even a reasonably close fit would be better, I think, than nothing at all!
Best to you and your family for a happy and healthy Christmas,
David