Frequency column

James Burgess <kn4mivjimb@...>

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Lou WA5LOU

Nowadays it seems exact frequency is irrelevant.  Band mode and time seem to be what is most important; especially in contesting, but even in general logging, these days.
Everything is streamlined compared to 50 years ago.  We used to pencil log everything we did on the air.

Lou WA5LOU

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM James Burgess <kn4mivjimb@...> wrote:
Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Scott Davis

Hi James,

Thanks for your e-mail. Press Ctrl + Shift + F.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Jim Shorney

As long as I have been a ham frequency has never been relevant or required for QSLs or awards. Only band is required.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM James Burgess <kn4mivjimb@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL
confirmations easier.

Lou WA5LOU

How long have you been a ham, Jim?

Lou WA5LOU

"Lou WA5LOU" <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

> Nowadays it seems exact frequency is irrelevant.  Band mode and time seem
> to be what is most important; especially in contesting, but even in general
> logging, these days.
> Everything is streamlined compared to 50 years ago.  We used to pencil log
> everything we did on the air.
>
> Lou WA5LOU
>
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM James Burgess <kn4mivjimb@...> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL
> > confirmations easier.

Jim Shorney

Somewhere around 45 years.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 01:13:00 -0400

wrote:

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL
confirmations easier.

Carl Yaffey

Jim, I have your QSL from eQSL to add to my collection of calls with “NU” in them!
73,
Carl Yaffey K8NU (67 years)

614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.grassahol.com
http://www.bluesswing.com
http://www.timbrewolves.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.folkramblers.carl-yaffey.com
Http:www.clintonvillegrass.com

wrote:

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL
confirmations easier.

Mike Olbrisch

Anyone know the answer to this………

I was looking at my 2020 Field Day log for an example.  I did the <CTRL>-<SHIFT>-<F> and a frequency column appeared.  And I was surprised when I opened the last (2020) log and the FREQ column was populated. Since I operated from home last year, I am going to take a wild guess that the FIELD DAY program was reading the frequency in because I had a cable connecting the radio to the computer.

What I did not see was a way to manually enter the FREQ.  The <CTRL>-<SHIFT>-<F> sequence doesn’t seem to allow manual FREQ entry.  If there some way to do manual entry, or no?

I don’t think it will matter as much this year.  If Germany is still closed for Field Day we won’t be going over there, and I’m building a new Pedestrian Mobile radio.  I’ll enter Field Day as a 1C again.  And I will not be using N3FJP’s Field Day Logger.  Any kind of Windows device is too big to carry, I’ll be logging on an Android Phone.  That is, unless Scott starts making programs in Android.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

Thanks for your e-mail. Press Ctrl + Shift + F.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail. Frequency is only entered via rig interface in the contest software.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Thanks for your e-mail. Press Ctrl + Shift + F.
Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Mike Olbrisch

Thank you Kimberly.  I suspected as much.

Mike.

Thanks for your e-mail. Frequency is only entered via rig interface in the contest software.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Thanks for your e-mail. Press Ctrl + Shift + F.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Is there a way to add a frequency column to the contest log to make QSL confirmations easier.

Jim Shorney

Glad to be able to work you Carl! I casually chase NU prefixes myself. Have you worked NU8M? We work for the same company in different parts of the country.

Funny story, when I worked W5COV as my last needed for 5BWAS we exchanged email and he said "I know when you upgraded". No, he doesn't work for the NSA.. :D Seems that he and two of his buddies went to take the Extra exam at the same time. The calls that they got were NU0A and NU0B. He elected not to change his call, otherwise he might have been me.

73

-Jim
NU0C