Topics

Fix LOTW bug

Buck McDaniel

image.png
I get the above message for various log entries every time I upload to LOTW.

I don't know why this occurs every time.  If I have uploaded it, why is trying to upload it?

In my case, the uploaded LOTW files aren't all marked as being uploaded.  Since they are uploaded, can we have an option to mark all uploaded as "L" when the bug shows up?

Richard Staron

Yup, I've got the same problem. 

I've followed the groups recommendations with still no sucess.  I've checked the "offending" record for errors and didn't find anything.

I've tried even loading up the LoTW when it least busy...no difference....ie...busy server?

I find that sometimes it loads up to LoTW sometimes it dosen't....but I always get the same message.

I dont know what to do next.

Anyone else have an idea? 

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2021-02-28 10:14 p.m. (GMT-05:00)
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Fix LOTW bug

image.png

I don't know why this occurs every time.  If I have uploaded it, why is trying to upload it?

In my case, the uploaded LOTW files aren't all marked as being uploaded.  Since they are uploaded, can we have an option to mark all uploaded as "L" when the bug shows up?

Rick Hall

Buck,

Info at this link may help: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/view-accepted-qsos/

Rick

Rick Hall

Richard,

Info at this link may help: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/view-accepted-qsos/

Rick

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Thanks for your e-mail.

The duplicate QSO message is not generated by AC Log. It is returned by the TQSL software when it receives records it has previously signed. After a successful download of the pertinent records that you've previously uploaded to LoTW, AC Log puts an "L" in the Sent Confirmed By field and won't attempt to send the same records to TQSL for upload again.

You've referenced trying to upload again. Uploading only resets the process on LoTW's end. You must do a successful download back to AC Log for the records to be updated appropriately.

You can usually stop this message from appearing by clicking the All Data button under Download so that all your records are marked appropriately, following a full download from LoTW. 

If for some reason one or more records still aren't marked with the L in the Sent Confirmed By field after downloading All Data, you can mark them manually, either individually from the Edit form, or by multi selecting the records from the main form with your mouse, while holding Ctrl or Shift. Then click Edit > Marked Selected Records as Sent from the menu options.

Alternatively, simply continue to click the Exclude Duplicates button with future uploads.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, Mar 1, 2021 7:59 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Fix LOTW bug

I've followed the groups recommendations with still no sucess.  I've checked the "offending" record for errors and didn't find anything.

I've tried even loading up the LoTW when it least busy...no difference....ie...busy server?

I find that sometimes it loads up to LoTW sometimes it dosen't....but I always get the same message.

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

Lou WA5LOU

Not sure if this is your problem, but is your TQSL up to date.  I know that if not up to date it can cause issues.

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:59 AM Richard Staron <ve3fac@...> wrote:

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

Richard Staron

Hello Lou and thank you for your suggestion.

I did check my TQSL and its up to date.

I did solve the my problem by looking the the contact in question and in the edit mode, I added an L to the sent location indicating that it was sent to LoTW and that seemed to work.

There were about 6 or 7 records that needed that manual attention, but it did work.  Question to myself is how did that happen.

Anyway, thank you again for your suggestion and I hope others can learn from what I discovered.

Cheers

Richard

---------- Original Message ----------
Date: March 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM

Not sure if this is your problem, but is your TQSL up to date. I know that if not up to date it can cause issues.

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:59 AM Richard Staron < ve3fac@...> wrote:

I've followed the groups recommendations with still no sucess. I've checked the "offending" record for errors and didn't find anything.

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

I don't know why this occurs every time. If I have uploaded it, why is trying to upload it?

In my case, the uploaded LOTW files aren't all marked as being uploaded. Since they are uploaded, can we have an option to mark all uploaded as "L" when the bug shows up?

Richard Staron

I did solve the my problem by looking the the contact in question and in the edit mode, I added an L to the sent location indicating that it was sent to LoTW and that seemed to work.

There were about 6 or 7 records that needed that manual attention, but it did work.  Question to myself is how did that happen.

Anyway, thank you again for your suggestion and I hope others can learn from what I discovered.

Cheers

Richard

Not sure if this is your problem, but is your TQSL up to date. I know that if not up to date it can cause issues.

Lou WA5LOU

I've followed the groups recommendations with still no sucess. I've checked the "offending" record for errors and didn't find anything.

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

I don't know why this occurs every time. If I have uploaded it, why is trying to upload it?

In my case, the uploaded LOTW files aren't all marked as being uploaded. Since they are uploaded, can we have an option to mark all uploaded as "L" when the bug shows up?

Lou WA5LOU

I still think you had some kind of error in those records and that is why they would fly to LoTW.
But, if you are satisfied, then I guess you are OK.

73 and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 6:47 PM Richard Staron <ve3fac@...> wrote:

Cheers

Richard

Lou WA5LOU

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

Buck McDaniel

The problem I am having is that the records in question do NOT get the "L" entered in the QSL sent box where it indicates that the QSO has been uploaded. 

What we need is an option. When we get that box, have a button that says to "mark duplicate records as sent." so we don't have to do it manually.

I don't know what causes it, but ACL sometimes forgets to add the "L" in the box that tells ACL that the QSO has been uploaded to LOTW.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:17 PM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
I still think you had some kind of error in those records and that is why they would fly to LoTW.

73 and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU

Cheers

Richard

Lou WA5LOU

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

Buck McDaniel

Thank you, Rick. 

This does not help as I still have to go through ACL and ad "L" to each QSL Sent Box for offending records.  I've had to fix over 100 records so far.

Lou WA5LOU

Do an "All Since" on the LoTW screen in ACL and it should bring the "L" for you, as long as you have uploaded it.  You don't see the "L" until you do that download "All Since."

Lou WA5LOU.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:30 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
The problem I am having is that the records in question do NOT get the "L" entered in the QSL sent box where it indicates that the QSO has been uploaded. 

What we need is an option. When we get that box, have a button that says to "mark duplicate records as sent." so we don't have to do it manually.

I don't know what causes it, but ACL sometimes forgets to add the "L" in the box that tells ACL that the QSO has been uploaded to LOTW.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 7:17 PM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

73 and Be Safe!

Lou WA5LOU

Cheers

Richard

Lou WA5LOU

Cheers

Richard

Sent from my Galaxy

image.png

Buck McDaniel

After sending this original message, I discovered that the offending records did not get the "L" added to the Sent conf by box:
image.png

Notice that I am only uploading contacts already uploaded. 

image.png

So the problem I see is that the "L" isn't being added to the Sent Conf By box when I upload them to LOTW.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:51 AM Buck McDaniel via groups.io <n4pgwbuck=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
image.png

Lou WA5LOU

Have you done an "all Since" Download?

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:41 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
After sending this original message, I discovered that the offending records did not get the "L" added to the Sent conf by box:
image.png

image.png

So the problem I see is that the "L" isn't being added to the Sent Conf By box when I upload them to LOTW.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 5:51 AM Buck McDaniel via groups.io <n4pgwbuck=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
image.png

Buck McDaniel

Yes, several times. Just before taking that screen shot, too.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:47 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png

Lou WA5LOU

Do your record entries show a 40 Meter Frequency when it was a 40 Meter contact?  I know that on occasion I forget to change one or the other when I change bands. 

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:49 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png

Buck McDaniel

I've done that before, but this happened a lot when I was using FT8, which is automatically updated from my software reading the radio.

Even if I did, it sends LOTW the errors.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:59 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:
Do your record entries show a 40 Meter Frequency when it was a 40 Meter contact?  I know that on occasion I forget to change one or the other when I change bands. 

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png

Lou WA5LOU

Your entry shows SSB not FT-8.  ??

Lou WA5LOU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:02 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
I've done that before, but this happened a lot when I was using FT8, which is automatically updated from my software reading the radio.

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png

Buck McDaniel

image.png

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:05 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png

Lou WA5LOU

But your failed entry here shows SSB.  Was it an FT-8 and you inadvertently put SSB in the log entry?

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:09 AM Buck McDaniel <n4pgwbuck@...> wrote:
image.png

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:05 AM Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

Lou WA5LOU

image.png

image.png

image.png