Fix Log Screen settings...

Dale Martin, KG5U

I’m running ACL 6.8.5.1.

Columns in the logsheet must be re-adjusted each time I open ACL. Your FAQ says after 4.0 changes will be saved automatically. Apparently that’s not happening here.

At full screen size, Rec#, Date/Time, Snt, Rec, and Off columns on my screen are truncated (341…., 2021/03/09  18:…., +…., +…., 18:….) and must be resized manually.

On closing ACL and re-opening ACL,  the same columns are truncated.

Also, down in the entry field portion of the window, I have Time positioned under Call. Time however is truncated from hh:mm:ss UTC to hh:mm: UTC.

The entry field heights seem to come in three different sizes, none of which are adjustable. Also, entered text seems to get the tops cut off by the entry field banners.

In the Menu selections row at the top, the lower 25% of the Menu titles (File, Edit, Settings, etc.) are cut off by the Recent Contacts banner.

There so much dead space below the entry fields. Is there a way to bring up the bottom or bring down the top edge without having the whole log get compressed? Same goes for bringing in the sides.  

Dale, kg5u

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

I've not had any similar reports, so I am not sure why you are experiencing the column problem.  Please try going back to 6.8 and see if the column resizing problem remains.

You can customize your layout, or reset it to default, by clicking Settings > Edit Fields Displayed.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Mar 10, 2021 11:01 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Fix Log Screen settings...

I’m running ACL 6.8.5.1.

Columns in the logsheet must be re-adjusted each time I open ACL. Your FAQ says after 4.0 changes will be saved automatically. Apparently that’s not happening here.
At full screen size, Rec#, Date/Time, Snt, Rec, and Off columns on my screen are truncated (341…., 2021/03/09  18:…., +…., +…., 18:….) and must be resized manually.
On closing ACL and re-opening ACL,  the same columns are truncated.
Also, down in the entry field portion of the window, I have Time positioned under Call. Time however is truncated from hh:mm:ss UTC to hh:mm: UTC.

The entry field heights seem to come in three different sizes, none of which are adjustable. Also, entered text seems to get the tops cut off by the entry field banners.

In the Menu selections row at the top, the lower 25% of the Menu titles (File, Edit, Settings, etc.) are cut off by the Recent Contacts banner.

There so much dead space below the entry fields. Is there a way to bring up the bottom or bring down the top edge without having the whole log get compressed? Same goes for bringing in the sides.  

Dale, kg5u

Dale Martin, KG5U

Hi, Scott. 

The truncating, size differences, not holding sizing, etc. are all old problems ever since I bought the software. I've just been tolerant of them until I saw some screen presentation effort was happening and that brought my little niggling problems to mind. 

dale, kg5u

Scott Davis

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification.  As long as you manually drag at least one column (don't just double click on it), your column sizes will save.

In addition to the ability to automatically set font sizes (Settings > Appearance > Colors & Fonts) as well as the ability to set global scaling (Settings > Appearance > Form Size), which both already exist, the font sizes will also scale with manual form size changes in the next release as well.

Enjoy!

73, Scott, N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Mar 12, 2021 8:33 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Fix Log Screen settings...

Hi, Scott. 

The truncating, size differences, not holding sizing, etc. are all old problems ever since I bought the software. I've just been tolerant of them until I saw some screen presentation effort was happening and that brought my little niggling problems to mind. 

dale, kg5u