Topics

FILE/OPEN Command

Raymond Crepeau

Evening,

I have several different callsigns associated with my N3FJP AC LOG program (my current and original callsigns; my wife's present and original callsigns; club callsign). I have always used the "file/open" command to access these different files when necessary.  Now, however, when I execute the command rather than seeing a list of the log files I see a list of computer files -- not log files.

Help!

Ray, K1HG

Scott Davis

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your e-mail.  When you click File > Open, only files with a .mdb extension are displayed by default, so make sure you are clicking the proper file command.

If you are sure you are, it sounds like you are signing on to Windows with a different User profile than you were using previously, where your log files reside.  More details on that are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q48

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Oct 23, 2020 12:41 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] FILE/OPEN Command

Evening,

I have several different callsigns associated with my N3FJP AC LOG program (my current and original callsigns; my wife's present and original callsigns; club callsign). I have always used the "file/open" command to access these different files when necessary.  Now, however, when I execute the command rather than seeing a list of the log files I see a list of computer files -- not log files.

Help!

Ray, K1HG