Topics

File .mdb Problem?

WA7WS

I made a prior post about manipulating files with the disclaimer that I'm a total rookie..
I said that I did a POTA activation and went from paper to ACLog.
I logged all of the contacts in a new log file specifically for that activation.
Here is what my real problem is... It may be a problem or maybe not.. but, I don't know

I created the log and saved it to the desktop using the format of N7GHG@K-xxxx_29201231
Well, it was saved as a .mdb file.  I don't seem to be able to re-open it in ACL.
Am I screwed?  Sorry for that description..

Bill

Kevin Gray

The default file type is a .mdb file.

From ACLog go to file>Open then  navigate to your desktop location, and open the file you saved.

After that you can Export the file as a .adif file

73

 Kevin

N9VPV

I made a prior post about manipulating files with the disclaimer that I'm a total rookie..
I said that I did a POTA activation and went from paper to ACLog.
I logged all of the contacts in a new log file specifically for that activation.
Here is what my real problem is... It may be a problem or maybe not.. but, I don't know

I created the log and saved it to the desktop using the format of N7GHG@K-xxxx_29201231
Well, it was saved as a .mdb file.  I don't seem to be able to re-open it in ACL.
Am I screwed?  Sorry for that description..

Bill

Jim Shorney

That depends. If really saved it as a MDB file you can open it with File > Open in ACL. It is a Microsoft Database File. If it is something else inside it will require other methods. The cool think about Notepad++ is it will open ANY file as a text file so you can see what is inside.

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Area Coordinator
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/

On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 17:16:19 -0800
"N7GHG" <chipz40@hotmail.com> wrote:

I made a prior post about manipulating files with the disclaimer that I'm a total rookie..
I said that I did a POTA activation and went from paper to ACLog.
I logged all of the contacts in a new log file specifically for that activation.
Here is what my real problem is... It may be a problem or maybe not.. but, I don't know

I created the log and saved it to the desktop using the format of N7GHG@K-xxxx_29201231
Well, it was saved as a .mdb file.  I don't seem to be able to re-open it in ACL.
Am I screwed?  Sorry for that description..

Bill

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

A warning here.......if you get into the MS Data File.....do not change
anything or move fields around. If you do then try to open ACLog you will
have a blank log with on error code that it can't open. Don’t mess with this
file

[...]

Thanks to all for the help.. Problems(s) solved.
Now, on to a new question....... New topic.....

Bill