Field Day software versions

Rod Anderson

This will be a little off topic but I can't find the info i need on the web page.

A couple of years ago we were able to get the N3FJP Field Day software working on laptops running Linux Mint.  Version 5.9.  We run a Windows 10 machine as the server and I haven't got around to checking what version it is as it is a new donated system last year and I didn't set up.

Can anyone see an issue with running different versions of the Field Day software on the same network?  A quick try at installing the latest version threw a pile of WINE error messages -- even more than the initial install did  :-) -- so I'd like to avoid sorting out the new WINE problems for now.

TIA and 73,
Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your e-mail. No, you can run any version from 4.2 through the latest, and it should work together just fine.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

--

Rod Anderson

Kimberly,

Thanks for the quick response and sorry to take so long to acknowledge it.

This is working perfectly. We're going to be training on using the Field Day logging program Monday evening at our club meeting.

Again thanks.

73,
Rod K7ZBE
--
On 4/30/21 3:02 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Rod,
Thanks for your e-mail. No, you can run any version from 4.2 through the latest, and it should work together just fine.
Be well and enjoy!
73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
_http://www.n3fjp.com_ <http://www.n3fjp.com/>
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...
This will be a little off topic but I can't find the info i need on the web page.
A couple of years ago we were able to get the N3FJP Field Day software working on laptops running Linux Mint.  Version 5.9.  We run a Windows 10 machine as the server and I haven't got around to checking what version it is as it is a new donated system last year and I didn't set up.
Can anyone see an issue with running different versions of the Field Day software on the same network?  A quick try at installing the latest version threw a pile of WINE error messages -- even more than the initial install did  :-) -- so I'd like to avoid sorting out the new WINE problems for now.
TIA and 73,
Rod
--
Rod Anderson
K7ZBE

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the follow up and good report! Hope y'all have a great Field Day event!

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Thanks for the quick response and sorry to take so long to acknowledge it.

This is working perfectly.  We're going to be training on using the
Field Day logging program Monday evening at our club meeting.

Again thanks.

73,
Rod K7ZBE
--
On 4/30/21 3:02 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
> Hi Rod,
>
> Thanks for your e-mail. No, you can run any version from 4.2 through the
> latest, and it should work together just fine.
>
> Be well and enjoy!
>
> 73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
> _http://www.n3fjp.com_ <http://www.n3fjp.com/>
>
> /Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging
> software since 1997./
>
> 1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who
> asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the
> hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with
> gentleness and respect/...

Rod Anderson