Field Day Software Setup Problems

Robert Osness <robertosness@...>

I am having problems setting up the N3FJP Field day logging program for CW using this equipment:

Icom IC-7100 Transceiver

K1EL WKmini keyer

W1GEE Rig Interface Cable

This setup was used last November with the N3FJP Sweepstakes Logging Software and worked perfectly.  However, my notes indicate that I was using COM6 for the WKmini and COM8 for the Rig Interface Cable.  Now the only USB ports showing as available are COM3, COM4 and COM5.   Choosing COM4 allows setup of the WKmini keyer, bur neither COM3 or COM5 works for the Rig Interface, which is necessary for the Change Frequency command.

Can anyone tell me how to find and assign a new COM Port that will work with the CI-V / Rig Interface?  Without it, the contact frequencies can’t be logged.

Thanks!  Robert Osness, AE7EE

robertosness36@...

Scott Davis

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  You can open Windows Device Manager to get a list of the com ports available on your PC.  If the com port connected to your rig is not showing up, you will need to correct that with your hardware / OS before our software will be able to connect to your rig.  Lots more details are here.

Once you have the com port showing up, you can configure the software to connect to your rig as these step by step instructions describe:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/righelp.html

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ