Export selected records as CSV or Tab delineated text file #aclog

Jim Brown

I use InDesign to create a QSL design with a merge feature to insert QSO data automatically, which I print on my photo printer.

At the moment, I select records and "Copy Selected Records to Clipboard." I then paste the clipboard into a spreadsheet and export from the spreadsheet to a CSV file. I point InDesign to the CSV file to print the QSLs I need to send.

If you logging program had an option to export all or selected records to a CSV file, I would save me several time consuming steps.

I a planning a instruction video on how to do this. If there is a chance you will implement a CSV option, I will wait so that I can incorporate that in the video.

I am enjoying using the program.

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. With all the other upgrades and enhancements on our plate, that would not be something we would be doing in the near future, but we'll give it some thought.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

I use InDesign to create a QSL design with a merge feature to insert QSO data automatically, which I print on my photo printer.

At the moment, I select records and "Copy Selected Records to Clipboard." I then paste the clipboard into a spreadsheet and export from the spreadsheet to a CSV file. I point InDesign to the CSV file to print the QSLs I need to send.

If you logging program had an option to export all or selected records to a CSV file, I would save me several time consuming steps.

I a planning a instruction video on how to do this. If there is a chance you will implement a CSV option, I will wait so that I can incorporate that in the video.

I am enjoying using the program.

Bill Grover

Excellent idea.  I do the same thing but with a Publisher document and I use the export function in Access to create my CSV.

Bill Grover N3EYF