Topics

Everyone - Please Test Screen Sizing in AC Log Beta 6.8.5.1!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

I think I have cleaned up the resizing anomalies that came to light yesterday on AC Log's main form and LoTW form.  Would you please give 6.8.5.1 beta a try with your setup and let me know how you make out.  Everyone's testing will be a great help, but if you have customized AC Log's main form, I especially need you to give this beta a try.

Again, you shouldn't expect perfection as you drag the form significantly outside of its intended design ratio, or make it REALLY small, but both forms seem to be behaving very well on both my 1920 X 1080 and 3840 X 2160 monitors.  Here is a screen shot on my 4K monitor:

Capture.JPG

I did disable the auto resize feature when dragging the form to a different resolution.  As some folks commented, the message box asking if you wanted to resize was disorienting and since you can easily resize as you like anyway, if you want, I've set that feature aside for now.

So, here are the things to test (please try these on both forms):

-  Grab an edge or corner of the form with your mouse, resize the form and the fonts will grow or shrink (with Form Size value at 100%).

-  The maximize button will now resize the form and fonts, with all the controls adjusting accordingly (AC Log only has the maximize button).

-  Double clicking on the title bar will also resize the form and fonts, with all the controls adjusting accordingly.  This code had to be implemented differently than the maximize button, so it needs to be tested separately.

Please go ahead and install AC Log 6.8.5.1.  There is no need to uninstall the previous version:

http://www.n3fjp.com/programs/ACLBETA.exe

Please let me know how you make out!

Thanks loads for your help!