Topics

Errors Detected message

Richard Staron

Good afternoon.
This is my first posting on using this logging program and its perfect for my needs.
However I have run into an issue that I just can't resolve and maybe someone can help me out if possible.

Here's a bit of background.

Windows 10, N3FJP installed with no issues.  Everything seems to be working until
recently when I saw this error code on line 39.  What is line 39?  Doesn't seem to correlate to my log anywhere?
I've checked the actual call sign and that particular record and I don't see anything that's weird or different.
When I deleted an actual record...it wasn't required, the same message came up, but with a different call that was in
question.

This message always keep coming up whenever I try to upload to LoTW.  Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.
When I checked my logs and noticed that some contacts were not uploaded, so I tried up upload them LoTW individually with the
same result.  I've attach and pic of what I'm seeing.

eQSL works fine both on receive and send.

I was using this program in its evaluation mode in order to determine whether to purchase or not....I was that close....lol...
Hope we can get this resolved.

Its probably something I did....maybe I had a seniors moment...lol...  been have a few of those recently...ah the joys
of aging.... :)

I look forward to any suggestions or maybe even a solution.

Richard
VE3FAC

Bill Grover

Line 39 is referring to the record in the data file you are trying to upload to LoTW.  The rest of the error should help, it is saying that OK2PFV has already been uploaded and doesn’t want to upload it again.

Try this.  First in ACLog on the LoTW page tell it to download all contacts.  This will flag any contacts uploaded as being uploaded.  Then you can do your upload of all contacts not uploaded.

You have to download before doing your upload because ACLog doesn’t flag a record as uploaded until it gets the conformation from LoTW in a download.  My habit is to download as soon as I sit down to start operating.  Then when done I upload the contacts I made so they can be processed by the time I come back to work again.

Hope that helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Richard Staron

Good afternoon Bill and thank you for your response.

Well I tried your suggestion, but it still didn't work.  I looked at line 39 and it doesn't show OK2PFV.

One thing I did notice is that LoTW does have the records now, but the error still exists.

Maybe something is corrupted....who knows.

Richard

VE3FAC

Line 39 is referring to the record in the data file you are trying to upload to LoTW.  The rest of the error should help, it is saying that OK2PFV has already been uploaded and doesn’t want to upload it again.

Try this.  First in ACLog on the LoTW page tell it to download all contacts.  This will flag any contacts uploaded as being uploaded.  Then you can do your upload of all contacts not uploaded.

You have to download before doing your upload because ACLog doesn’t flag a record as uploaded until it gets the conformation from LoTW in a download.  My habit is to download as soon as I sit down to start operating.  Then when done I upload the contacts I made so they can be processed by the time I come back to work again.

Hope that helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Scott Davis

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your follow up. Bill's advice is spot on. Click the All Data button under download to ensure all your records are marked. More details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q71

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Line 39 is referring to the record in the data file you are trying to upload to LoTW.  The rest of the error should help, it is saying that OK2PFV has already been uploaded and doesn’t want to upload it again.

Try this.  First in ACLog on the LoTW page tell it to download all contacts.  This will flag any contacts uploaded as being uploaded.  Then you can do your upload of all contacts not uploaded.

You have to download before doing your upload because ACLog doesn’t flag a record as uploaded until it gets the conformation from LoTW in a download.  My habit is to download as soon as I sit down to start operating.  Then when done I upload the contacts I made so they can be processed by the time I come back to work again.

Hope that helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Richard Staron

Good morning Bill.

Well I tried what you suggested, exactly to the letter of the law and it still doesn't work.  I'm still getting the errors detected message

Still getting the error message and it seems like the program has hung up as well.  Big blue spinning circle indicating a lot of cpu head scratching....lol...

I let the program run for over an hour...which is definitely excessive, but I wanted make sure.

There are 3 records for OK2PVF all on the same band, but contacts were on different days.  I checked each record for any possible errors and found nothing.

I'm kind of stuck here.

I was thinking of totally removing the program and reinstalling it again, but will I loose all the data I have entered?

Cheers

Richard

[...]

Thanks for your follow up. Sorry you are still having trouble. When the LoTW server is busy, it can get hung on large downloads so go ahead and give it another try at on off peak time such as very early in the morning. Once all your records are marked appropriately, you will no longer see the error.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling if you wish, you will not lose any data, but it is unlikely to have an effect for this situation. There is no harm in trying though.

Be well and enjoy!

Line 39 is referring to the record in the data file you are trying to upload to LoTW.  The rest of the error should help, it is saying that OK2PFV has already been uploaded and doesn’t want to upload it again.

Try this.  First in ACLog on the LoTW page tell it to download all contacts.  This will flag any contacts uploaded as being uploaded.  Then you can do your upload of all contacts not uploaded.

You have to download before doing your upload because ACLog doesn’t flag a record as uploaded until it gets the conformation from LoTW in a download.  My habit is to download as soon as I sit down to start operating.  Then when done I upload the contacts I made so they can be processed by the time I come back to work again.

Hope that helps.

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Jim Shorney

The error message is telling you exactly what is happening. The system (TQSL actually, IIRC) thinks it has already uploaded a certain QSO. If you click ignore the world will not explode. It will just re-upload the QSO and it will overwrite the earlier upload. You should then be able to sync by downloading after a short time. If you deleted the QSO from your log the system may tell you that it has downloaded a QSO not in your log and offer to restore it for you.

73

-Jim
NU0C