Errors Detected

Dave Templeton N4NG

I am receiving Errors Detected while trying to upload to LoTW.

Callsign Certificate 'Callsign' has value 'KF4LRN' while QSO has 'N4NG on line 31.

I have looked over the log entry and see no reference to KF4LRN in that log entry. KF4LRN was my previous call, until 2018-12-28.

How else might I look for this?
--
73's

Dave - KF4LRN

Jim Shorney

As is usually the case the error message is telling you exactly what is wrong. Your callsign certificate that ACL is pointing to, which is part of TQSL and not ACLog, is still set up for your old call.
73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 09:01:01 -0700
"Dave Templeton N4NG via groups.io" <n4ng=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I am receiving Errors Detected while trying to upload to LoTW.

*Callsign Certificate 'Callsign' has value 'KF4LRN' while QSO has 'N4NG on line 31.*

I have looked over the log entry and see no reference to KF4LRN in that log entry. KF4LRN was my previous call, until 2018-12-28.

How else might I look for this?
--
73's

Dave - KF4LRN

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

In addition to Jim's good advice, you may have to update the values in the Operator field of each pertinent QSO record, if you are still saving your old call value there.  You can do that in AC Log 6.9 by clicking Edit > Bulk Edit.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

As is usually the case the error message is telling you exactly what is wrong. Your callsign certificate that ACL is pointing to, which is part of TQSL and not ACLog, is still set up for your old call.
73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 09:01:01 -0700
"Dave Templeton N4NG via groups.io" <n4ng=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

> I am receiving Errors Detected while trying to upload to LoTW.
>
> *Callsign Certificate 'Callsign' has value 'KF4LRN' while QSO has 'N4NG on line 31.*
>
> I have looked over the log entry and see no reference to KF4LRN in that log entry. KF4LRN was my previous call, until 2018-12-28.
>
> How else might I look for this?
> --
> 73's
>
> Dave - KF4LRN

Rick Hall

Dave,

On the ACLog – LoTW Manager window… on the left side… the value for the field named ‘LoTW Station Location’ must be a TQSL station location that is attached to the LoTW certificate which is correct for the QSO you are uploading.

To say it differently:

1 – In TQSL you need a station location attached to your N4NG certificate… pick a name that is unique across all of your TQSL locations… if you have operated from the same location with two different callsigns, you will need two TQSL station locations, one for each callsign/certificate.

2 – In ACLog – LoTW Manager window – specify the location that is associated with the N4NG certificate.  (or if you are uploading old QSOs, the location associated with the KF4LRN certificate.

You might include the callsign in the name of each location so that it is easy to identify a specific location in the list presented by ACLog.

73, Rick – K5GZR

Dave Templeton N4NG

Thanks Jim. Until I read Ricks response above, I did not equate the problem with TQSL. Having not used the program in a couple years, real life stuff, I was not translating "Callsign Certificate" as a reference to TQSL. I only read the log entry, which gave no reference to my former callsign. And that should have been a clue also. But , as I stated, I was not thinking TQSL.

Thanks for the response.
--
73's

Dave - N4NG (formerly KF4LRN) and I forgot to change this also,

Dave Templeton N4NG

Many thanks Rick, Clear explanation. The culprit was your 1 - line. I never looked at the location tab in TQSL. I was only looking at the Callsign certificate tab. Problem fixed thanks for the explanation.

Happy Easter
--
73's

Dave - N4NG

Dave Templeton N4NG

Thanks Kimberly, the problem was TQSL.

Hi Dave,

In addition to Jim's good advice, you may have to update the values in the Operator field of each pertinent QSO record, if you are still saving your old call value there.  You can do that in AC Log 6.9 by clicking Edit > Bulk Edit.
Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
--
73's

Dave - N4NG (formerly KF4LRN)

Jim Shorney

If you have not used it in a couple of years you will want to update TQSL. The program itself and the config file have been updated several times and it is important to keep up with the latest version.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:31:33 -0700