Topics

Error Retrieving Web Data

krm.w5dtx@...

Have been getting this error since the contest trying to run any confirm query or download from LOTW.  There is no issue uploading to LOTW, and all of my latest QSOs are there.  Other topics were stating issues with the server queue had a big backlog.  According to the queue there is no longer a backlog and I am still getting this error.  It also states 'The remote server returned an error: 503 Server Unavailable'.  Is there an issue here with LOTW?

Scott Davis

Hi W5DTX,

Thanks for your e-mail.  That error message typically occurs when you are able to access the server okay, but it is unable to process your request.

The LoTW server has been overwhelmed by the backlog generated by the last two contests, both in processing uploads and delivering subsequent downloads (and we have another contest this weekend, too).  I just tried a download early this morning here.  While the LoTW server was slower to respond than usual, I did finally receive the download, so give it another try at an off peak time.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Dec 9, 2020 9:32 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Error Retrieving Web Data

Have been getting this error since the contest trying to run any confirm query or download from LOTW.  There is no issue uploading to LOTW, and all of my latest QSOs are there.  Other topics were stating issues with the server queue had a big backlog.  According to the queue there is no longer a backlog and I am still getting this error.  It also states 'The remote server returned an error: 503 Server Unavailable'.  Is there an issue here with LOTW?