Entries

JoAnn Donaldson

I have come across a problem that I am trying to figure out is it a ACLog problem or a LoTW Problem.  I am on a few Nets where an station will be located on the boundary of two or more states. As recently on a 40M net a station checked in on the TX/AR/LA boundary. So I worked this station and resulted in three entries into my ACLog. One for each state. After the net, I sent these entries along with others to LoTW. The next morning, I did an LoTW download, to see wither they also sent in their data and I got confirmation for the contacts. What I got back is one of the three came back confirmed. The other two did not even come back as worked. The entries for the two stations were still black and not Green (Worked) or Blue (Worked and Confirmed). I did confirm that all three are in the LoTW Database. All three have the same timestamp except for the ms part. Do not know if LoTW uses the ms part or not. I do see it in my listing in LoTW.
So does ACLog use the entire 6 digit Time Stamp or just the 4 Digit Time Stamp, which would confuse ACLog into thinking all three contacts are the same. Or is LoTW not using the 6 digit Time Stamp thus having it only send back the first entry and not the other two. Or is there a completely different reason?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Stephen E. Belter

I believe LoTW only uses 4 digit time, so if the time doesn’t change AND the call is the same, LoTW assumes you are making a correction.

Same thing happens with contacts on a grid line or grid corner.

Once you confirm the contact is confirmed in LoTW, edit the unconfirmed contacts in ACLog to show they have been confirmed.

73, Steve N9IP
--
Steve Belter, seb@...

On Jul 22, 2021, at 1:00 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

I just set these entries in ACLog to a E Received but they stay Black. They do not turn Blue or even Green. What else to I need to set in ACLog?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, July 22, 2021, 2:41:09 PM CDT, Stephen E. Belter <seb@...> wrote:

[...]

Mel Marcus

When you manualy put in the E you also have to mark it as QSL received

Mel
NE9A

[...]

Well that made some difference. Now the Entries are RED. I noticed that the one entry that IS GREEN does not have the E in the Receive side, nor is the Receive Confirmation checked. So what do I now need to set to turn them GREEN?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, July 22, 2021, 3:28:19 PM CDT, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

[...]

Lou WA5LOU

E represents E-Log and L represents LoTW.  So why would you put either of them in manually?
If you want confirmation, after you upload to e-Log and LoTW after awhile do an "ALL SINCE."  Then
if the other station has made their entries you will get a confirmation and it will turn blue.

Lou WA5LOU

On Jul 22, 2021, at 1:00 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Lou - You have to do it manually *IF* you made contact with someone who was on a grid or state boundary.  LoTW only returns a single record of confirmation and ACLog doesn’t parse the reply to confirm all of the grids or states.  It just shows one confirmation.

And Lou is right, use L for LoTW confirmation.

And Mel is right, also check QSL received.

73, Steve N9IP
--
Steve Belter, seb@...

On Jul 22, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Lou WA5LOU <loueverettsr@...> wrote:

[...]

<image.png>

Mel
NE9A

[...]

I have discovered that LoTW only uses HH:MM and Clicking QSL Received makes the entry turn RED. One of the Net people suggested that I change the min to reflect consecutive minutes. That is instead of all three having say 00:40, Leave one as 00:40, set the second to 00:41 and the third to 00:42. That way they become separate entries in LoTW makes them all Green and when the sending station enters their entree, the leeway that LoTW should have should cause all Two or Three to go Blue. One Net that I am in, is now stressing to those that are on State or Grid Boundaries to change the min to reflect consecutive minutes in order to maximum their contacts.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Thursday, July 22, 2021, 5:05:20 PM CDT, Stephen E. Belter <seb@...> wrote:

[...]

LoTW just confirmed that they do have a slew feature as it comes to time. If you off a minute or two, a contact will still Confirm. I am going to suggest to these Nets that the time for a multi state contact that one contact be skid by a minute. Many times it will take as much as 2-3 mins to complete one of these calls. If the station calling the combo station gives the Combo station a RST 22 - 44, it can take 2-3 mins for both sides to hear the report from the other. This will solve the problem.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Friday, July 23, 2021, 12:56:30 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

Fred K2DFC

It also depends how the other station uploads the contacts. Did he list them as three separate qso's, or just one.

Fred
K2DFC

K4GM-George

At one time I was told there was a 30 min +/-  window on LoTW confirmations.   I have no idea if this is still true.

K4GM-- George

On 7/23/2021 4:25 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Depends on how busy they are processing logs. Sometimes you can get a reply in one minute.

Fred
K2DFC

JoAnn Donaldson

This Ham is on vacation, so don't expect him to upload to LoTW until their vacation is over.

It still surprises me that a lot of people on these Nets ONLY do QSL Cards. There are a couple of band/modes where the contacts are Not uploaded to Any form of Electronic Logging, that if they did, I would have ARRL Awards for those Band/Modes.

JoAnn
AB8YZ