Topics

Enhancement idea: Ability to select Sound Card

Lawrence Dobranski

Hi Scott,

Under Phone Setup, to be able to select a specific sound card rather than Window's default sound card.  I use  SignaLink USB sound cards to interface to my two rigs. In addition, I would like to link a specific sound card to a specific transceiver and have the active one toggled with Ctrl+X.

Thanks

Lawrence

73 de VA5LD

Scott Davis

Thanks for your suggestion Lawrence.  I will give that some thought for the future.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence Dobranski ldobranski@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Sent: Wed, Nov 23, 2016 8:48 pm
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Enhancement idea: Ability to select Sound Card

Hi Scott,

Under Phone Setup, to be able to select a specific sound card rather than Window's default sound card.  I use  SignaLink USB sound cards to interface to my two rigs. In addition, I would like to link a specific sound card to a specific transceiver and have the active one toggled with Ctrl+X.

Thanks

Lawrence

73 de VA5LD

Mat Breton

Bump.

I found today that Windows had reset the default sound device (again) to my external USB sound card ... unfortunately after I spray the "Dupe" sound message over the FT8 sub-band :(

If there was a drop-down menu where you could pick the sound output (along with a "none" option in the case that someone is direct driving their rig) rather than depend on Windows picking the right one for you, it would be great!  This would solve two reported issues with one solution ...

Scott, It was good to work you today (RTTY) at the ARRL Roundup this afternoon,

Thx de N8TW

Scott Davis

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your e-mail.  This thread was started in 2016.  The ability to select sound cards now exists:

Capture.JPG

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2021 11:51 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Enhancement idea: Ability to select Sound Card

Bump.

I found today that Windows had reset the default sound device (again) to my external USB sound card ... unfortunately after I spray the "Dupe" sound message over the FT8 sub-band :(

If there was a drop-down menu where you could pick the sound output (along with a "none" option in the case that someone is direct driving their rig) rather than depend on Windows picking the right one for you, it would be great!  This would solve two reported issues with one solution ...

Scott, It was good to work you today (RTTY) at the ARRL Roundup this afternoon,

Thx de N8TW