Topics

Editing my Log

Jim Hamlin

What's the easiest way to populate multiple log entries, in the "comments" area, with a constant like "WW CW"?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Larry Banks

Hi Jim (call?),

If you are using the contest logger it is part of writing the ADIF file, which when pulled into ACLog will be in the comments field.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 15:04
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my Log

What's the easiest way to populate multiple log entries, in the "comments" area, with a constant like "WW CW"?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Jim Hamlin

Thanx Larry.  I imported my N1mm+ adif log file from the wwcw dx contest, and need to fill the comment field which is blank.
73.   Jim / W8JRH

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 4:42:55 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my Log

Hi Jim (call?),

If you are using the contest logger it is part of writing the ADIF file, which when pulled into ACLog will be in the comments field.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Larry Banks

Hi Jim,

I’m actually surprised that N1MM+ doesn’t have the ability to add a comment, however the ADIF fields for the two loggers could be different.  In the past when I have used N1MM (due to a lack of a certain contest in Scott’s suite) I have edited the N1MM ADIF with Notepad before importing it.  ADIF Master will also allow you to do this.  You could edit the N1MM+ ADIF for the ARRLDXCW and re-import it, or export the ADIF from ACLog, edit it, and re-import it.  Be sure to delete the Qs from ACLog before re-importing then so you don’t have dupes.

I also edit the ADIF from one of Scott’s contest logs when I am at my Maine QTH to add the location before importing it into my ACLog using Notepad.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 17:09

Thanx Larry.  I imported my N1mm+ adif log file from the wwcw dx contest, and need to fill the comment field which is blank.
73.   Jim / W8JRH

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 4:42:55 PM

Hi Jim (call?),

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Michael WA7SKG

Hi Jim,

Since you are importing an ADIF file, that is the easiest place to edit it. Open your adi file in Notepad. If the Comment field is there, it will be something like <COMMENT:0>. However, if it is blank, it likely will not be there at all. Here are the steps to add your requested field:

-Open the file in Notepad
-At the end of the first contact, highlight <EOR>
-Hit ctrl-H, <EOR> should show up in the Find what box
-In the Replace with box, enter <COMMENT:7>WWCW DX <EOR>
-Click the Replace All button
-Click Cancel to close the Replace box
-Save the file and close Notepad
-Import the corrected file into ACLog

All the imported contacts should now show WWCW DX in the Comments section.

HTH,
Michael WA7SKG

Jim Hamlin wrote on 2/22/21 2:09 PM:

73.   Jim / W8JRH
Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>
*Sent:* Monday, February 22, 2021 4:42:55 PM
*To:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my Log
Hi Jim (call?),
73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ
*Sent:* Monday, February 22, 2021 15:04
*To:* n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io <mailto:n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
*Subject:* [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Editing my Log

John Huber

Jim / W8JRH

An ADIF import of the raw (that is not altered at all) ADIF file exported from N1MM+ populates the ACLog "Contest-ID" field.  Is that not sufficient for some reason?  I have thousands of ACLog entries from N1MM+ and they have always populated the Contest-ID field for me.

For state QSO parties where county is part of the exchange, I process the N1MM+ ADIF file through the AD1C "ADIF County Conversion" tool to transform the contest logged county format to a valid ADIF "CNTY" field.  Then I import that into ACLog.
--
73,  John / N8FYL

Jim Hamlin

Thanx John, I didnt even realize there was a contest ID field, since its normally off my screen.  Guess I'll move to where the default "other" column is.  And another thanx for the tip on qso party log manipulation.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of John Huber <n8fyl@...>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 7:35:33 PM

Jim / W8JRH

An ADIF import of the raw (that is not altered at all) ADIF file exported from N1MM+ populates the ACLog "Contest-ID" field.  Is that not sufficient for some reason?  I have thousands of ACLog entries from N1MM+ and they have always populated the Contest-ID field for me.

For state QSO parties where county is part of the exchange, I process the N1MM+ ADIF file through the AD1C "ADIF County Conversion" tool to transform the contest logged county format to a valid ADIF "CNTY" field.  Then I import that into ACLog.
--
73,  John / N8FYL