Topics

Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order

James Goff <goffmaine@...>

I am unable to use this function as it just keeps looping after the Reset box.  After several emails and suggestions from Scott, without resolving the problem, he advises "I suspect that your internet protection software is clamping down on AC Log and/or your settings files. Giving AC Log and the support files the proper permissions on your protection software will correct that."
 I am running Windows 10 with Norton 360. I have canceled all obvious "switches" within 360, Windows Firewall, etc. without resolution of the problem. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed. Further, I am not familiar with 'permissions' and can find no specific details about the process.
Thanks and 73, W1JHG

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Just for a little more clarification on James's problem, he both sets the form size to 100% and disables DX Spotting, but on restarting AC Log, neither setting is updated, so it appears his security software / permission settings are preventing saving of the Settings.xml file.

I am unable to use this function as it just keeps looping after the Reset box.  After several emails and suggestions from Scott, without resolving the problem, he advises "I suspect that your internet protection software is clamping down on AC Log and/or your settings files. Giving AC Log and the support files the proper permissions on your protection software will correct that."
 I am running Windows 10 with Norton 360. I have canceled all obvious "switches" within 360, Windows Firewall, etc. without resolution of the problem. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed. Further, I am not familiar with 'permissions' and can find no specific details about the process.
Thanks and 73, W1JHG

James Goff <goffmaine@...>

Thanks, Scott. I was hopeful of saving you another email from me. Knowing your passion for supporting AC Log,  I should have known better!

From: James Goff <goffmaine@...>

I am unable to use this function as it just keeps looping after the Reset box.  After several emails and suggestions from Scott, without resolving the problem, he advises "I suspect that your internet protection software is clamping down on AC Log and/or your settings files. Giving AC Log and the support files the proper permissions on your protection software will correct that."

 I am running Windows 10 with Norton 360. I have canceled all obvious "switches" within 360, Windows Firewall, etc. without resolution of the problem. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed. Further, I am not familiar with 'permissions' and can find no specific details about the process.

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

Tom Ellis

James,

Are you logged into your windows 10 as an administrator or as a regular user.

Have you gone to the folder and given access to your present login?

Tom

K5TEE