Topics

Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order

James Goff <goffmaine@...>

I am unable to use this function as it just keeps looping after the Reset box.  After several emails and suggestions from Scott, without resolving the problem, he advises "I suspect that your internet protection software is clamping down on AC Log and/or your settings files. Giving AC Log and the support files the proper permissions on your protection software will correct that." 
 I am running Windows 10 with Norton 360. I have canceled all obvious "switches" within 360, Windows Firewall, etc. without resolution of the problem. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed. Further, I am not familiar with 'permissions' and can find no specific details about the process.
Thanks and 73, W1JHG

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Just for a little more clarification on James's problem, he both sets the form size to 100% and disables DX Spotting, but on restarting AC Log, neither setting is updated, so it appears his security software / permission settings are preventing saving of the Settings.xml file.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order

I am unable to use this function as it just keeps looping after the Reset box.  After several emails and suggestions from Scott, without resolving the problem, he advises "I suspect that your internet protection software is clamping down on AC Log and/or your settings files. Giving AC Log and the support files the proper permissions on your protection software will correct that." 
 I am running Windows 10 with Norton 360. I have canceled all obvious "switches" within 360, Windows Firewall, etc. without resolution of the problem. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed. Further, I am not familiar with 'permissions' and can find no specific details about the process.
Thanks and 73, W1JHG

Thanks, Scott. I was hopeful of saving you another email from me. Knowing your passion for supporting AC Log,  I should have known better!

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Just for a little more clarification on James's problem, he both sets the form size to 100% and disables DX Spotting, but on restarting AC Log, neither setting is updated, so it appears his security software / permission settings are preventing saving of the Settings.xml file.

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

--
i

Tom Ellis

James,

Are you logged into your windows 10 as an administrator or as a regular user.

Have you gone to the folder and given access to your present login?

Tom

K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of James Goff
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:42 AM

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

Ken Bell

James

If you've reached the dreaded Antivirus 'clamping down' or 'RFI in the Shack' email, that's the signal that official support is done. Any further emails will be along the lines of 'we've already talked about this.'

If I were in your shoes, I would export any log file you have in ADFI format, completely remove the program including settings files. Turn back on your Norton and W-10 protection and reinstall fresh, then reimport you log files. You will have to change your settings back to your preferences, but that should eliminate whatever 'clamping down' might be and might fix your problem.   

We're just a couple of days into a hurricane cleanup here, but if the above doesn't get it going, you can email my address on qrz.com and I'll try to help. 
--
Ken - K4EES

Tom: Thanks for your suggestion. I’m sorry that at the Properties,Sortcut, Advanced window , the choice of Administrator is grayed out,...???

73,W1JHG 

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 3:23 PM Tom Ellis <tl_ellis@...> wrote:

James,

Tom

K5TEE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of James Goff

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

--
i

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  Regarding permissions, while written with Field Day in mind, you can check your File / Folder permissions settings by clicking on each and checking their properties as detailed here (Under the Example Networking Settings, see Steps 2 & 3):

http://www.n3fjp.com/FDInfoTips.html#networkingtips

I hope that this helps!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order

Tom: Thanks for your suggestion. I’m sorry that at the Properties,Sortcut, Advanced window , the choice of Administrator is grayed out,...???

73,W1JHG 
James,

Tom
K5TEE

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

--
i

Tom Ellis

Tom,

On the Shortcut, the administrator will be grayed out.

You need to go into the file location of ACLog and make that have the correct rights for your login.

Go here:

C:\Users\”your computer name”\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software

Right click on the ACLog folder > give access to> and click on Specific People.

Your login should show there with a permission level. You need to have that level show either Owner or Read/Write.

If it shows anything else, then change it to read\write. After that click on the Share button.

This should take care of the problem.

Tom

K5TEE

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order

73,W1JHG 

James,

Tom

K5TEE

Thanks and 73, W1JHG

--

i