Topics

Dymo Label Printer

Mike VE3YF

Hi:

I am using an older Dymo 320 printer and it used to work perfectly in the past (Years Ago) and now trying to get it to work with my current version of windows. I can print labels from the Dymo software no problem, but can't figure out why I can no longer print QSO's to the printer from inside ACLOG v6.7

I have set the Dymo to the default printer and to print landscape.
I select the QSO to print from the main log window, then press Print QSL Strip.

I have 4 label Rows Selected
I have 6 label columns (Callsign, Date, UTC, MHZ, RST, Mode)
0 As top Margin (Inches)
0 As Left Margin (Inches)
1.25 As Label Height (Inches)
3.50 As Label Width (Inches)

Now the above settings are what are in ACLOG, probably from years gone by that when I last used the printer.

But what I get when printing are 3 Rows and 2 Columns of info

Column 1 (Callsign, Time, Mode)

Column 2 (Date, Band, RST)

Column 2 Appears to be in the position of where Column 3 should be printing info.

Not sure what is going on, but maybe the fact of me using an older printer.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tnx.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Mike VE3YF

Still no progress. I have modified the printer settings from inside ACLOG:

I have 4 label Rows Selected
I have 6 label columns (Callsign, Date, UTC, MHZ, RST, Mode)
0.1 As top Margin (Inches)
0.1 As Left Margin (Inches)
1.13 As Label Height (Inches)
3.50 As Label Width (Inches)

Still no joy, if I send a QSO to the printer it still will print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have also set 1 label row and 1 column and it still wants to print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have uninstalled the Dymo software and the printer and re-installed the software and now a new Dymo 450 Printer. Still the same results. Not sure where to look now but this problem is driving me up the wall.

Anybody ever had this problem before.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  I would love to be able to help, but I don't know the first thing about Dymo printers.  Hopefully someone more familiar with the Dymo printer will chime in with some insights for you.

Still no progress. I have modified the printer settings from inside ACLOG:

I have 4 label Rows Selected
I have 6 label columns (Callsign, Date, UTC, MHZ, RST, Mode)
0.1 As top Margin (Inches)
0.1 As Left Margin (Inches)
1.13 As Label Height (Inches)
3.50 As Label Width (Inches)

Still no joy, if I send a QSO to the printer it still will print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have also set 1 label row and 1 column and it still wants to print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have uninstalled the Dymo software and the printer and re-installed the software and now a new Dymo 450 Printer. Still the same results. Not sure where to look now but this problem is driving me up the wall.

Anybody ever had this problem before.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Jim...N3MVX

Mike,

I have the 450 and it is working fine for me.
In Windows select the printer and right click on it. Select printer preferences then advanced. Under this tab make sure you have the correct label selected.
In AC Log select 1 and 1 for row and column.

These are the settings I am using.  Hope this helps.

Jim...N3MVX

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Mike

I just tried the settings I sent you and they work for my 450 don't forget when you select the printer you have to go into properties and select landscape.

73 Larry K1ZW

On 9/22/2020 5:22 PM, Mike VE3YF wrote:
Still no progress. I have modified the printer settings from inside ACLOG:

I have 4 label Rows Selected
I have 6 label columns (Callsign, Date, UTC, MHZ, RST, Mode)
0.1 As top Margin (Inches)
0.1 As Left Margin (Inches)
1.13 As Label Height (Inches)
3.50 As Label Width (Inches)

Still no joy, if I send a QSO to the printer it still will print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have also set 1 label row and 1 column and it still wants to print in 3 Rows and 2 Columns.

I have uninstalled the Dymo software and the printer and re-installed the software and now a new Dymo 450 Printer. Still the same results. Not sure where to look now but this problem is driving me up the wall.

Anybody ever had this problem before.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Jim Shorney

You're not going to like this but I suggest you ditch Dymo. They are the Yugo of printers. I have dealt with various 450 variants for years at my workplace and they are a constant PITA. I recently scored a gently used Brother QL-570 off the 'Bay and I am impressed with the build quality vs. Dymo and it worked as expected straight away with no troubles.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 14:22:22 -0700
"Mike VE3YF" <mike@...> wrote:

I have uninstalled the Dymo software and the printer and re-installed the software and now a new Dymo 450 Printer. Still the same results. Not sure where to look now but this problem is driving me up the wall.

Mike VE3YF

Hi Jim and Larry:

Thanks and the printout you get is exactly what I get. However it is not right. For example I used to get the following info all on 1 line:
Date, Time. Band, Mode and Signal Report,

If I was to use the 1 and 1 for Row and Column setting you could not get Multiple QSO's on a label. As you can see from the above picture I got 3 QSO's on a label, 4 is the max you can get on a label.

What I am trying to do is get 4 QSO's per label. Now I am presuming that the original 4 and 6 for row and column is correct, but it might not be. I obviously did get it to work back in April of 2020 as by the above picture. So something has changed and I am thinking it must be in ACLOG as in the latest version it is missing "Confirming QSOs with JT1CO". Here is where Scott maybe able to comment.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your follow up.  I've not made any changes to the printing code in years.

Remember, if you multi select up to 5 QSOs with the same station, then you get the single line per QSO format, instead of the multi line for a single QSO selection.

[...]

Hi Guys:

I stand corrected, I have been playing around and I can get multiple QSO's on the label in the correct format.

But when I print out just a single QSO on the label it is not in the same format as the multiple QSO's format. Not sure why it is not this way, the multiple QSO format looks better for the lables.

Mike VE3YF

Hi Scott:

Got it working, however I like the multiple qso format better than the format used for just a single qso. Anyway we can have an option on the single qso format output.. Thanks .

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Scott Davis

Thanks for the suggestion Mike.  I will add that to the list.

Got it working, however I like the multiple qso format better than the format used for just a single qso. Anyway we can have an option on the single qso format output.. Thanks .

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Mike VE3YF

Thanks Scott.