Topics

DXCC Download from LoTW missing a LOT of fields

Paul AC9O

Hi,

I have many old old entries that I have credit DXCC credit for that I downloaded from ARRL's LoTW site. This is NOT the QSO data I originally uploaded (that was long ago and I sent in cards).

They have a DXCC download in ADIF format that is very sparse. When I add it to ACLog, all the entries are in red, and none of the data populates the Awards information. Currently, I have this is a separate DB but would like to merge it with my current DB. Here's a snippet of one of the entries....

<CALL:6>KL7FSY
<QSO_DATE:8>19690529
<BAND:3>20M
<DXCC:1>6
<COUNTRY:6>ALASKA
<APP_LOTW_DELETED_ENTITY:2>No
<CREDIT_GRANTED:14>DXCC,DXCC_BAND
<APP_LoTW_CREDIT_GRANTED:42:S>DXCC-M,DXCC-M-HR,DXCC-20,DXCC-CHAL,DXCC-5B
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_APPLICATION_NR:5:S>00000
<APP_LoTW_DXCC_PROCESSED_DTG:19:S>2019-06-18 14:26:00
<eor>

Some entries have....

<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:5:S>PHONE
<APP_LoTW_MODE:5:S>PHONE

Some also have....

<APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP:2:S>CW
<MODE:2>CW

Many don't have mode at all.

There must be some critical fields in ACLog to get this to correctly integrate. What can be does to get this to display in blue and report countries correctly as confirmed for DXCC?

If this is not easily doable, that's fine. Just looking for some guidance.

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Where mode is not included, there isn't a function in AC Log to take a guess at the mode.  While SSB may be reliable based on frequency (except for 160), with the digital modes residing within the CW sub band can't be determined conclusively.  That all said, since frequency isn't part of the QSO record you downloaded, the exercise would be academic in this case anyway.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the answer that you were hoping for.

[...]

Thanks Scott,

Can you tell me why these don't show up in Awards/Countries? Looks like the country name and ADIF# are there?

What field(s) are missing?

73
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your follow up.  Sure, for example, if you are querying for SSB and the records don't have a mode, they will not appear in the query.

Aside from your query criteria, the only other requirement is proper spelling, which must match Jim's country list exactly.  For example, Alaska would be found, but ALASKA would not.  Since the download included the ADIF number, the spelling should be correct.

You could always try unchecking the check box to only list valid entries and see if they appear.

Can you tell me why these don't show up in Awards/Countries? Looks like the country name and ADIF# are there?

What field(s) are missing?

73
Paul, AC9O

Paul AC9O

Thanks Scott,

That explains it. The country test is case sensitive. Since the DXCC download from ARRL LoTW is all uppercase, there will be no matches. I tried to valid entries checkbox and that made no difference.

73
Paul, AC9O

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your follow up.  If the DXCC number was included on the LoTW download, you can fix your country names as follows:

-  Backup your log.
-  Click File > Export ADIF
-  Click File > Reset Counter and enter 0.
-  Click File > Import ADIF and select the file you exported.

That will do the trick.