DX spotting setup screen: telnet host greyed out?

Mike M0AGP

Hello - this is a great product.  I am trying to use DX spotting and for some reason, unlike in the helpful video I watched on the topic, I cannot change numerous things in the top left box of the DX Spotting Setup screen, unlike the way it can be changed in the video. It looks like this:

What do I need to do pls?
Thanks
Mike M0AGP

Pat Whelton

Hey Mike.  I had this exact same problem several months ago and it took forever to find an answer.  You need to remove the checkmark for “Enable DX Spotting” then make your change and remember to put a checkmark back in “Enable DX Spotting”. 

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike M0AGP
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 1:25 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX spotting setup screen: telnet host greyed out?

Hello - this is a great product.  I am trying to use DX spotting and for some reason, unlike in the helpful video I watched on the topic, I cannot change numerous things in the top left box of the DX Spotting Setup screen, unlike the way it can be changed in the video. It looks like this:

Thanks
Mike M0AGP

Mike M0AGP

Thanks Pat - I can't imagine how you ever found that - thank you!
Mike M0AGP

Larry Banks

Hi Mike,

Disable the DX spotting first, in order to change things.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 14:25
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX spotting setup screen: telnet host greyed out?

Thanks
Mike M0AGP

Pat Whelton

I just kept asking and asking and asking.  I thought it had something to do with Ve7CC or whoever he is being down.  Glad you got it fixed.

Later,

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike M0AGP
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 1:57 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX spotting setup screen: telnet host greyed out?

Thanks Pat - I can't imagine how you ever found that - thank you!
Mike M0AGP