Topics

DX Spotting Help

sdtheriault1566@...

I just recently registered N2FJP. I set up DX spotting and it was working great.
I closed the program and the band map is not populating, neither is the lower dx spotting list.
I verified that dxspotting is enabled and it was. I reset all the preferences and it continues to not populate.
In the dx spotting settings menu i see the spots coming in but it just isn't being populated. Even the Large DX spotting form is empty.

Thank
Daniel
VA3SDO

Jeff KB6CA

Daniel, try pulling the power on your pc and plugging the power cord back in.  Had a similar problem the other day with a com port and the DX spotting.  Pulled the power cord on the pc, put it back in, and everything worked.  I know, sounds weird.  Try it.

Jeff KB6CA

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of sdtheriault1566@...
Sent: October 22, 2020 02:32 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting Help

I just recently registered N2FJP. I set up DX spotting and it was working great.
I closed the program and the band map is not populating, neither is the lower dx spotting list.
I verified that dxspotting is enabled and it was. I reset all the preferences and it continues to not populate.
In the dx spotting settings menu i see the spots coming in but it just isn't being populated. Even the Large DX spotting form is empty.

Thank
Daniel
VA3SDO

K4GM-George

Daniel,

Check your filtering setup.   I think you have spots blocked.

73, George K4GM

On 10/22/2020 5:32 PM, sdtheriault1566@... wrote:

Thank
Daniel
VA3SDO

Scott Davis

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  First, check to see that you are properly signed into the telnet host and it is functioning properly (you are seeing spots on the set up form).  If not, this FAQ will get you going:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q95

If you are seeing spots on the set up form, but not the main form, click the More Filtering button and correct your filter settings.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 22, 2020 5:32 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting Help

Thank
Daniel
VA3SDO