Topics

Duplicates?

WA7WS

I just tested ACL for making duplicate contacts.. It’s not working.. so, something is likely turned off?
I’ve noticed this on the past activations where I get duplicates.

I tested this at home and put my call into ACL two times.. noting showed it as a duplicate. I thought this was working when I first started using ACL.. In fact, I think it brought up all contacts I’ve made with that person over time?

Help?

Tnx de Bill WA7WS

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Unlike our contesting software, being designed as a general logging program, AC Log does not check for duplicate contacts.  That said, when you tab from the Call field, any previous contacts with that station are listed, so you can quickly tell if you have worked the station before.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ
www.n3fjp.com

I just tested ACL for making duplicate contacts.. It’s not working.. so, something is likely turned off?
I’ve noticed this on the past activations where I get duplicates.

I tested this at home and put my call into ACL two times.. noting showed it as a duplicate.  I thought this was working when I first started using ACL.. In fact, I think it brought up all contacts I’ve made with that person over time?

Help?

Tnx de Bill WA7WS

Jim Storms

Not sure why you would want
to prohibit duplicates in regular aclog?  I work same people multiple times and since we should be able to account for our activity if Fcc comes a calling then multiple entries is good.

I do understand that on contest logs you do not want duplicate per that contest rules.

K8TS

RE: Contest Dupes

Check the rules on each contest.  Most of the majors would rather you keep the dupes in the log as it helps them with log checking, and you are not penalized.  Often dupes arise when one station “thought you copied them” or the other station did not get the return report.  Best to just work, log and move on. Easier to work than argue as a dupe.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10