Topics

Dupes Section - CQ WW DX CW

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

What is the software trying to tell me?  At the risk of sounding like a total noob (I've been a ham for 40 years)...

I'm running the CQ WW DX CW logging software.  Below the box where it says "Possible Duplicates" and above the beam heading it says...

14  Total =11
Bands: 40=2  20=9
CW=11

I looked in the help but I can't find how to decipher this... The station in my Call field is A60A in the United Arab Emirates, which I have never worked on any band or mode before.  If I clear the call field, all of the above clears also, but I'm at a loss to decifer this.

11 what?

Scott Davis

Hi Marlo,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Possible duplicate are calls in your log that match what you have typed so far, so they may be duplicates.  It is often easy to tell with only typing a character or two if the station you are considering working is a duplicate.

When you mouse over the zones, the totals for that zone are displayed.  Specifically the answer to your question for Zone 14 is 11 contacts.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Nov 29, 2020 5:32 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Dupes Section - CQ WW DX CW

What is the software trying to tell me?  At the risk of sounding like a total noob (I've been a ham for 40 years)...

I'm running the CQ WW DX CW logging software.  Below the box where it says "Possible Duplicates" and above the beam heading it says...
14  Total =11
Bands: 40=2  20=9
CW=11
I looked in the help but I can't find how to decipher this... The station in my Call field is A60A in the United Arab Emirates, which I have never worked on any band or mode before.  If I clear the call field, all of the above clears also, but I'm at a loss to decifer this.

11 what?