Topics

Dupes Section - CQ WW DX CW

Marlo Montanaro - KA2IRQ

What is the software trying to tell me?  At the risk of sounding like a total noob (I've been a ham for 40 years)...

I'm running the CQ WW DX CW logging software.  Below the box where it says "Possible Duplicates" and above the beam heading it says...

14  Total =11
Bands: 40=2  20=9
CW=11

I looked in the help but I can't find how to decipher this... The station in my Call field is A60A in the United Arab Emirates, which I have never worked on any band or mode before.  If I clear the call field, all of the above clears also, but I'm at a loss to decifer this.

11 what?

Scott Davis

Hi Marlo,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Possible duplicate are calls in your log that match what you have typed so far, so they may be duplicates.  It is often easy to tell with only typing a character or two if the station you are considering working is a duplicate.

When you mouse over the zones, the totals for that zone are displayed.  Specifically the answer to your question for Zone 14 is 11 contacts.