Dup Check In ACLog

N8OFP.DL@...

Scott,
I work lot of Parks On The Air stations and on busy days it is very easy to work the same park multiple times. I use "Other 1" field to record the Park ID.
Would be possible to add a duplicate contact option to ACLog. I would say if turned on the dup checker would look at the Call Sign, Date, Mode, Frequency and the "Other 1 -  8" fields (as optional, selectable when the dup check is turned on) to check for an already existing contact that meet the duplicate criteria.
Thanks and keep up the good work!!
73
Del  N8OFP

Mike Olbrisch

Interesting…….

As a SOTA op, I often work the same summit multiple times……. On different bands or modes.  It is a good way to study the propagation, what bands and modes worked best from that distance and time of day.

I guess they are duplicate contacts.  I only get the points for the first contact. But I would not delete them as dupes, they have value in other ways.

Vy73  –  Mike  –  KD5KC –  El Paso – Texas  –  DM61.

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.   An EXIT is really an

ENTRANCE to someplace new.

I work lot of Parks On The Air stations and on busy days it is very easy to work the same park multiple times. I use "Other 1" field to record the Park ID.
Would be possible to add a duplicate contact option to ACLog. I would say if turned on the dup checker would look at the Call Sign, Date, Mode, Frequency and the "Other 1 -  8" fields (as optional, selectable when the dup check is turned on) to check for an already existing contact that meet the duplicate criteria.
Thanks and keep up the good work!!
73
Del  N8OFP

K4GM-George

After you type in the callsign, hit TAB.   ACLog will show all priors in THAT log file.

73, George K4GM

On 4/2/2021 8:38 AM, N8OFP.DL@... wrote:
Scott,
I work lot of Parks On The Air stations and on busy days it is very easy to work the same park multiple times. I use "Other 1" field to record the Park ID.
Would be possible to add a duplicate contact option to ACLog. I would say if turned on the dup checker would look at the Call Sign, Date, Mode, Frequency and the "Other 1 -  8" fields (as optional, selectable when the dup check is turned on) to check for an already existing contact that meet the duplicate criteria.
Thanks and keep up the good work!!
73
Del  N8OFP

Larry Banks

Hi Mike,

Seems to me that they are different times/modes/frequencies.  Therefore not dupes by definition.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ