Topics

Downloading New Versions

Greg Foster

Has anyone else had problems downloading new versions, in particular winter field Day?

I tried some others and got nothing. When I hoover over the download link all I get is a link to the .exe field showing in the lower left of the window and when I click on the link nothing happens. I get the same things on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines

Greg Foster

VE3PJ

Cell   613-328-6538

Scott Davis

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If you are using Chrome, depending on your security settings, the browser may not download files from the web.  Check your settings, or Give another browser such as Edge a try.

There is more detail in this page here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/10/08/chrome-is-blocking-downloads-here-is-why/

That said, I have not had any trouble with Chrome version 87 here.

I hope that this helps!

Has anyone else had problems downloading new versions, in particular winter field Day?

I tried some others and got nothing. When I hoover over the download link all I get is a link to the .exe field showing in the lower left of the window and when I click on the link nothing happens. I get the same things on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines

Greg Foster
VE3PJ
Cell   613-328-6538

Greg Foster

Greg Foster

Jan 17

Scott

Thanks for the reply. I was able to download with Microsoft Edge and with IE. I also tried the trick from the link using a right click>Save Link in Chrome and it worked. I am using Chrome 87.

Anyway, we got the file and we are good to go for Winter Field Day (using Web Upload Contest)!

Greg Foster

VE3PJ

Cell   613-328-6538

Has anyone else had problems downloading new versions, in particular winter field Day?

I tried some others and got nothing. When I hoover over the download link all I get is a link to the .exe field showing in the lower left of the window and when I click on the link nothing happens. I get the same things on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines

Greg Foster

VE3PJ

Cell   613-328-6538

 More

 Scott Davis

Jan 17

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If you are using Chrome, depending on your security settings, the browser may not download files from the web.  Check your settings, or Give another browser such as Edge a try.

There is more detail in this page here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2020/10/08/chrome-is-blocking-downloads-here-is-why/

That said, I have not had any trouble with Chrome version 87 here.

I hope that this helps!

http://www.n3fjp.com

Greg Foster

VE3PJ