Topics

Doing it the hard way

Bo W4GHV

Adjusting the contest loggers for all the less common contests drives me nuts, but I usually lock it.
Using the WAE logger for the ongoing RTTY contest that wants the grid square, IF I enter it in fldigi and log it, it will take the EM95 exchange OK.
But if you try it in the Logger or to edit, it will not let you enter the letters.  As it should, BTW.

So I dump it to ADIFmaster, edit, put back in logger.

No biggie. Just wondering if there is a simpler way. I can't conquer N1MM after several tries.

Having a blast in the RTTY contest.
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Scott Davis

Hi Bo,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Please see this FAQ here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q73

Adjusting the contest loggers for all the less common contests drives me nuts, but I usually lock it.
Using the WAE logger for the ongoing RTTY contest that wants the grid square, IF I enter it in fldigi and log it, it will take the EM95 exchange OK.
But if you try it in the Logger or to edit, it will not let you enter the letters.  As it should, BTW.

So I dump it to ADIFmaster, edit, put back in logger.

No biggie. Just wondering if there is a simpler way. I can't conquer N1MM after several tries.

Having a blast in the RTTY contest.
--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV

Bo W4GHV

I understand completely
I know it is a massive task that would be impossible to complete and keep up with.
Here's an idea

How about a list of your contest programs and the contests that they 'work' with?

For example I used the WAE program for the Makro RTTY contest, with the following 2 quirks
   A station insisted on using LZ/383W or whatever. I simply reversed it, made a note and changed it using ADIF master later
  To get the grid squares to be accepted I had to send them via the fldigi log macro, and could not type them in your logger
It gave me a useable ADIF file, i used ADIFMaster to check it, and the adifCabrillo to make the Cabrillo file
Nice, easy, no complaints.

I plan to do the same for the upcoming JARTS RTTY contest. It juse want your age..   In RTTY contests you REALLY find out HOW OLD most hams are.

I'm not worried about all the points, etc done by the programs. The dup check is enough.

Being forgetful, each time I have to experiment with several of the programs to find one that fits. I will hopefully start to write down the results in the future.

A handy chart with a few notes would be handy, if you have someone with more spare time than me.

Keep up the good work,
Its contests, contests, until the virus goes and the sunspots come  :)

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54
https://www.qrz.com/db/W4GHV