Topics

Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #contest #fields

wo8usa@...

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

(old stuff below:)
 Michael Payne
4/26/18   

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.

K5MFP

Scott Davis
4/26/18   

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Mel Marcus

Michael

If you are talking about the range and bearing information in the lower left hand corner of the page, it does not give accurate information. It only calculate the cent of the prefix plus number. try it. every w7 is the same.

Mel
NE9A

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact
record ?? #fields #contest
Date: Wed, November 25, 2020 1:29 pm
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

I realize this was discussed a few years ago:  I'd like to see if the distance/bearing information can be incorporated directly into the Record file, with QRP and digital contests seems like the power/distance ratio will be more important.  Good for performance analysis too. Any hope?

Michael Payne
4/26/18   

Hello! I have input the correct Latitude and Longitude for my location, but I don't remember setting it before. My question is - Can I somehow recalculate every mileage distance for several hundred records at once, or is there another solution to my problem? Any detailed help would be a tremendously appreciated! I apologize if this has been asked before.
K5MFP

Scott Davis
4/26/18   

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The bearing and distance aren't saved with each QSO record.  It is just for informational purposes during the QSO.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

wo8usa@...

Not concerned with accuracy here, just getting the distance and bearing data into the record file. 

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 04:58:13 PM EST, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

Michael

If you are talking about the range and bearing information in the lower left hand corner of the page, it does not give accurate information. It only calculate the cent of the prefix plus number. try it. every w7 is the same.

Mel
NE9A

Michael Payne
4/26/18   #34356  

K5MFP

Scott Davis
4/26/18   #34357  

Hi Michael,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Scott Davis

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail and suggestion.  I'm not planning to head in that direction currently, but I appreciate your thoughts!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>; N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 25, 2020 5:06 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Distance/Bearing stored with Contact record ?? #fields #contest

Not concerned with accuracy here, just getting the distance and bearing data into the record file. 

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 04:58:13 PM EST, Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

Michael

Mel
NE9A

Michael Payne
4/26/18   #34356  

K5MFP

Scott Davis
4/26/18   #34357  

Hi Michael,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP