Denied access to CW settings.xml and FD status.html

James Schultz

Scott,
Obviously don't know what I'm doing with the new version.  Had problems with the Beta Version so I downloaded Version 7.0.  Now, when I try to open ACL, I get the attached error messages.  
Can you help?

Message 1:
Access to the path
C:\Users\jimsc\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog\CWSettings.xml is denied.
Error saving settings file to:  etc

Message 2:
Access to the path  C:\Users\jimsc\Documents\AffirmatecN3FJP Software\ACLog\fdstatus.html is denied
Error writing file:  etc 

Love ACL and always appreciate your support.
Jim AF6N

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  Your Internet protection software is clamping down on those files / AC Log.  Giving the program and files the proper permissions in your protection software will correct that.

Be well and enjoy!

73, Kimberly, KA3SEQ

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 12, 2021 5:50 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Denied access to CW settings.xml and FD status.html

Scott,
Obviously don't know what I'm doing with the new version.  Had problems with the Beta Version so I downloaded Version 7.0.  Now, when I try to open ACL, I get the attached error messages.  
Can you help?

Message 1:
Access to the path
C:\Users\jimsc\Documents\Affirmatech\N3FJP Software\ACLog\CWSettings.xml is denied.
Error saving settings file to:  etc

Message 2:
Access to the path  C:\Users\jimsc\Documents\AffirmatecN3FJP Software\ACLog\fdstatus.html is denied
Error writing file:  etc 

Love ACL and always appreciate your support.
Jim AF6N

James Schultz

Thanks Kim,
You were correct and I'm back in business.  
As always your support is great.

Jim AF6N