Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 16:09
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CW with ACLOG and FLDIGI

I know there is a way to intergrate aclog with fldigi I just dont rememer how.
Thanks

--
NU4N Dave

I should have added to send cw in cw mode. I got it to send in USB but not true cw. I have my cw keying port set to COM DTR.

Dave

I use flrig for rig control.  When I go to FLRIG setup and setup cw I check mark the keyer tab, go to config but get to reconize COM 5 dtr. Thats my cw keying port in AClog.

Thanks Larry for the reply.I looked at all the topics on the webpage u suggested but not one of they related to CW>

--
NU4N Dave

Larry Banks

Sorry Dave,

I thought you wanted to integrate FLDIGI with ACLog.  FLDIGI  has nothing to do with CW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 6:29
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CW with ACLOG and FLDIGI

Thanks Larry for the reply.I looked at all the topics on the webpage u suggested but not one of they related to CW>

--
NU4N Dave

Fred K2DFC

Sending CW with FLDigi would be via the keyboard. The rig would still be in USB mode. Not sure how that works. I do CW the old fashion way. But you can also send CW with the keyboard with ACLog. Go to Settings> Transmit> CW Setup. Click F12 and you can transmit CW, with your rig in CW mode.

Fred
K2DFC

Steven Weeks <swweeks@...>

Replying to "FLDIGI has nothing to do with CW."

This is an overly-broad statement. While it is true that sending CW with AC Log does not require concurrent use of FLDIGI, FLDIGI is very capable of sending and decoding CW itself, while logging to AC Log.  It even connects to Winkeyer, for anyone who has that capability.  With 48 customizable macro buttons and other extensive configuration options, it is quite capable in sending CW.  However, I am NOT advocatiing a position or inviting any argument about whether AC Log or FLDIGI is best for sending CW, just pointing out that dismissing FLDIGI as a separate option would be incorrect.

73, Steve AA8SW

Larry Banks

I stand corrected.  This is the first time I have even heard of FLDIGI being used for CW.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:27

Replying to "FLDIGI has nothing to do with CW."

This is an overly-broad statement. While it is true that sending CW with AC Log does not require concurrent use of FLDIGI, FLDIGI is very capable of sending and decoding CW itself, while logging to AC Log.  It even connects to Winkeyer, for anyone who has that capability.  With 48 customizable macro buttons and other extensive configuration options, it is quite capable in sending CW.  However, I am NOT advocatiing a position or inviting any argument about whether AC Log or FLDIGI is best for sending CW, just pointing out that dismissing FLDIGI as a separate option would be incorrect.

73, Steve AA8SW

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

You can use FLDIGI for many digital modes including CW.

Lou WA5LOU

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:27

Replying to "FLDIGI has nothing to do with CW."

This is an overly-broad statement. While it is true that sending CW with AC Log does not require concurrent use of FLDIGI, FLDIGI is very capable of sending and decoding CW itself, while logging to AC Log.  It even connects to Winkeyer, for anyone who has that capability.  With 48 customizable macro buttons and other extensive configuration options, it is quite capable in sending CW.  However, I am NOT advocatiing a position or inviting any argument about whether AC Log or FLDIGI is best for sending CW, just pointing out that dismissing FLDIGI as a separate option would be incorrect.

73, Steve AA8SW

Yes I use cw with ACLOG no problem. But I am having problems with FLDIGI in true cw mode. FLDIGI does fine in cw using USB but not in cw mode to the rig.

Thanks for the responses Dave

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:27

Replying to "FLDIGI has nothing to do with CW."

This is an overly-broad statement. While it is true that sending CW with AC Log does not require concurrent use of FLDIGI, FLDIGI is very capable of sending and decoding CW itself, while logging to AC Log.  It even connects to Winkeyer, for anyone who has that capability.  With 48 customizable macro buttons and other extensive configuration options, it is quite capable in sending CW.  However, I am NOT advocatiing a position or inviting any argument about whether AC Log or FLDIGI is best for sending CW, just pointing out that dismissing FLDIGI as a separate option would be incorrect.

73, Steve AA8SW

--
NU4N Dave

FB Fred I have used cw with aclog for years. But FLDIGI will not key in true cw mode on keys in USB.

On 1/28/2021 9:32 AM, Fred K2DFC via groups.io wrote:
Sending CW with FLDigi would be via the keyboard. The rig would still be in USB mode. Not sure how that works. I do CW the old fashion way. But you can also send CW with the keyboard with ACLog. Go to Settings> Transmit> CW Setup. Click F12 and you can transmit CW, with your rig in CW mode.
--
NU4N Dave

Fred K2DFC

So Dave, why do you need to use FLDigi at all then?

Fred
K2DFC