Topics

CQ WW SSB Contest Program

Raymond Crepeau

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

Larry Banks

Hi Raymond,

When you set up the program, did you click “SSB” in SETTINGS >> SETUP?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WW SSB Contest Program

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Ray, K1HG

Donald R Beck

How do I get 24 clock to work not regular time?

DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 16:23, Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

Dave

I think ACL uses the computer time.
I have my computer set to 24 hour format and UTC.
Dave KC3AM

On 10/26/2020 19:36, Donald R Beck wrote:

DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Lou Everett, Sr.

Why would you want a 24 hour clock in your log, when the mainstream logging is done in UTC.  You would not be able to confirm your QSOs if you used 24 hour clock logging.

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 7:57 PM Donald R Beck <dbeck@...> wrote:

DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 16:23, Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

Scott Davis

Hi DR,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll find the 24 hour UTC clock here on AC Log, and at the bottom right of the contest software:

Capture.JPG

All my software logs in 24 hour UTC format, as that is the time that all Amateur radio operators use, to ensure their QSOs match as the same time.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Oct 26, 2020 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WW SSB Contest Program

Dave KC3AM

DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

--

Scott Davis

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Larry is correct (thanks Larry).  Please always be sure to use the contest checklist before each contest in the future (I still check it myself every time):

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Mon, Oct 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

K7GA

Lou, re 24 hr time - apples and oranges. He’s asking for a 24 hour format - I use 24 hr time format (military style) in, of course, GMT. 73/K7GA

Sent from Geoff’s iPhone X

On Oct 27, 2020, at 03:38, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Larry is correct (thanks Larry).  Please always be sure to use the contest checklist before each contest in the future (I still check it myself every time):

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Mon, Oct 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

Donald R Beck

Thanks, I get that  So I cant change the other clock from am/pm to 24 hr clock?

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "Scott Davis via groups.io" <SNKDavis@...>
Reply-To: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 3:32 AM
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi DR,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll find the 24 hour UTC clock here on AC Log, and at the bottom right of the contest software:

apture.JPG

All my software logs in 24 hour UTC format, as that is the time that all Amateur radio operators use, to ensure their QSOs match as the same time.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Dave KC3AM

DR Beck

Toolbox Productions,Inc.

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

--

Scott Davis

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your follow up.  That's correct.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks, I get that  So I cant change the other clock from am/pm to 24 hr clock?
From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "Scott Davis via groups.io" <SNKDavis@...>
Reply-To: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 3:32 AM
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

Hi DR,

apture.JPG

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Dave KC3AM
DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

Hi Raymond,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Evening Scott,

Ray, K1HG

--