Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WW SSB Contest Program

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

Donald R Beck

How do I get 24 clock to work not regular time?

DR Beck
Toolbox Productions,Inc.

On Oct 26, 2020, at 16:23, Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj@...> wrote:

Hi Raymond,

When you set up the program, did you click “SSB” in SETTINGS >> SETUP?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

Dave

I think ACL uses the computer time.
I have my computer set to 24 hour format and UTC.
Dave KC3AM

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Lou Everett, Sr.

Why would you want a 24 hour clock in your log, when the mainstream logging is done in UTC.  You would not be able to confirm your QSOs if you used 24 hour clock logging.

Lou WA5LOU

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

Scott Davis

Hi DR,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll find the 24 hour UTC clock here on AC Log, and at the bottom right of the contest software:

Capture.JPG

All my software logs in 24 hour UTC format, as that is the time that all Amateur radio operators use, to ensure their QSOs match as the same time.

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Scott Davis

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Larry is correct (thanks Larry).  Please always be sure to use the contest checklist before each contest in the future (I still check it myself every time):

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

K7GA

Lou, re 24 hr time - apples and oranges. He’s asking for a 24 hour format - I use 24 hr time format (military style) in, of course, GMT. 73/K7GA

Sent from Geoff’s iPhone X

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

Donald R Beck

Thanks, I get that  So I cant change the other clock from am/pm to 24 hr clock?

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 19:05

Evening Scott,

When I downloaded the above program for this weekends activity "CW" was in the mode field.  I tried clicking on the field to convert it to SSB or PH but it would not change the entry no matter what I tried.  What am I missing?

I manually edited every contact entry for the correct mode.  However when I created the cabrillo file all contacts showed CW as the mode.

Help!  And, thanks for all you do.

Ray, K1HG

--
Hams should be seen as well as heard, 73, Dave KC3AM

Scott Davis

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your follow up.  That's correct.