Topics

CQ WW log submittal

Bobby Chandler

The robot would not accept my cabrillo file generated by the contest log (v5.8). I had to create adif file and use their log converter. Kept saying my mode (CW) and contest (CQ-WW-CW) did not match. It was correct, but the robot would not accept it.

Bobby/N4AU

Larry Banks

Same here, but I sent it in anyway and the robot fixed it.  I think it’s a robot issue.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 8:43
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WW log submittal

The robot would not accept my cabrillo file generated by the contest log (v5.8). I had to create adif file and use their log converter. Kept saying my mode (CW) and contest (CQ-WW-CW) did not match. It was correct, but the robot would not accept it.

Bobby/N4AU

Scott Davis

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  There have been no changes to the Cabrillo output for several years now, no other problem reports and my 830 QSOs were just accepted fine.

CW is the correct mode for the CQ WW CW contest.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 30, 2020 8:43 am

Bobby/N4AU

Bobby Chandler

Yes, a robot error. John Dorr advised me it would be fixed today.

Bobby/N4AU

Scott Davis

Thanks for the information Larry.  

Did you guys use the on line submittal form?  Mine went fine, without errors.  Maybe they just fixed the robot?

Capture.JPG

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Nov 30, 2020 9:42 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CQ WW log submittal

Same here, but I sent it in anyway and the robot fixed it.  I think it’s a robot issue.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 8:43

Bobby/N4AU

Wilbur Doolittle

Idea?
When you install your software can you add the option for resolution or size of monitor I use a 40in monitor as primary an spend my time trying to get all fonts and screens to line up upon shutting down and starting over
AB8WD

David Latour

Those who were too eager got the ‘no CW in a CW’ error. Was fixed at their end by Monday morning. 
--
David VE4DL