Topics

CQ WW DX Logging

Chris

Im new to contesting. I'm trying to get setup for the CW WW DX using the Amateur Contact Log (ACL) and the CQ WW DX contest log. I setup the API server on ACL and the client option on the CQ WW DX log. When i make a test entry in the ACL it does not populate to  CW WW DX.

Any suggestions please.

Gary

I run the contest log and only the contest log during the contest.

After the contest I export an ADIF from the contest log.

I then import the ADIF into ACLog.

That’s how I put my contest contacts into ACLog.

It may not be the right way, but it has worked for years.

73,

Joe kk0sd

Im new to contesting. I'm trying to get setup for the CW WW DX using the Amateur Contact Log (ACL) and the CQ WW DX contest log. I setup the API server on ACL and the client option on the CQ WW DX log. When i make a test entry in the ACL it does not populate to  CW WW DX.

Any suggestions please.

VG M

I am with Joe.
Run contest sofware only. After contest is over it takes a few clicks to make ADIF for export the same way you produce the cabrillo file. Put adif in whatever folder and then import into ACL. I have separate folders for each contest for both adif and cabrillo files as a backup.

73,
Matt - AF2F

Im new to contesting. I'm trying to get setup for the CW WW DX using the Amateur Contact Log (ACL) and the CQ WW DX contest log. I setup the API server on ACL and the client option on the CQ WW DX log. When i make a test entry in the ACL it does not populate to  CW WW DX.

Any suggestions please.

K4GM-George

Try making your test entry first into the CQ WW log.    Then check ACLog.

73, George K4GM

On 1/1/2021 10:25 AM, Chris wrote:
Im new to contesting. I'm trying to get setup for the CW WW DX using the Amateur Contact Log (ACL) and the CQ WW DX contest log. I setup the API server on ACL and the client option on the CQ WW DX log. When i make a test entry in the ACL it does not populate to  CW WW DX.

Any suggestions please.

Larry Banks

Hi Chris,

The DX contest log does not automatically move the Q to ACLog, and visa versa.  The API is to allow ACLog to tell you when you need a DX entity when using the contest log.  After the contest is over is when you move the contest log data to ACLog, either manually or using the API at that point.

All logging DURING the contest is via the contest log.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Im new to contesting. I'm trying to get setup for the CW WW DX using the Amateur Contact Log (ACL) and the CQ WW DX contest log. I setup the API server on ACL and the client option on the CQ WW DX log. When i make a test entry in the ACL it does not populate to  CW WW DX.

Any suggestions please.

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Works for me every time

HNY