CQ World Wide CW This Weekend!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

Another great, completely different contest is on tap for this weekend - CQ World Wide CW!  This contest may be the most popular world wide CW DX contest of the year.  It starts 0:00 UTC Saturday (7:00 PM EST Friday) and runs through 23:59 UTC Sunday evening.

There will be a smorgasbord of DX to work!  With improving conditions putting 10 meters solidly in the game, there should be plenty of entities to collect on all the contest bands over the course of the weekend!

New guys, the exchange for CQ World Wide CW is super easy, so even if you are just starting out with CW, please give it a try!  Using our software and DX Spotting, you can work this contest!  The exchange is just like the SSB version, 59 and zone, which is retrieved from the call sign automatically by our software.  So, if you click on a DX Spot, can copy well enough to know when to send your call sign and copy when your own call is sent back, you can just about work this contest on that alone!

Multipliers are both entities and CQ zones, so you can potentially get two mults on a single QSO.  Our software calculates all that for you and displays your real time score automatically.

Another great thing about CW contests - not only can you rest your voice, you can eat and operate simultaneously!

Complete rules are here:

http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

And the contest software is here (you already have it if you worked the SSB version last month):

http://www.n3fjp.com/cqww.html

As always, please be sure to review the pre contest checklist before the fun begins Friday evening:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

I'm planning to burn off that turkey, enjoy some leftovers and bring a good effort for this one!  I hope that you will join in, too!  This weekend should be a blast!

Rick Cochran

Your cq DX program has performed wonderfully.

Thanks for all of your work.

73s,

Rick
WO8L

On Nov 23, 2022, at 9:12 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

[...]

George Merkle N0GM

I second that opinion! I was only able to work the contest from 7 this morning (CT) til 5 tonight, but it was so much fun, and using the CTRL-H feature I bagged several contacts I would never have been able to.  Only one improvement I suggest: if it could reach out and slap me when I attempt to log a dupe. 😂
Thanks again to the N3FJP team.
George NGM

On Nov 26, 2022, at 5:43 PM, Rick Cochran via groups.io <wo8l@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement Rick and George!

I wound up putting about 22 operating hours in this weekend (I had planned a little more, but lost a few on Saturday to an unexpected visit) and had a blast!

For my own behavior modification, I need to implement the slap feature for attempting to work busted spots without hearing the call for myself first!

It was a great contest and LOTS of fun!  I can't wait for the next one!

[...]

Fred K2DFC

A great contest. Operated many more hours then I expected because conditions were very good. Logging software performed flawlessly, as usual. Nice to see so much CW activity still in use.

Fred
K2DFC