could not find file... arrlpre3.txt on start up and access to path denied on shut down

Mitch Cohen

2 years ago with this laptop had a problem with networking the field day log database. could not do it had to use separate logs.s an older laptop with windows 7
now trying to get the computer in shape before field day. its an older laptop with windows 7. I can not just reinstall Do not have the install disk or key anymore.
Here's the problem I'm having even before trying to network two computers passably 3.
On startup I get the message:
Could not find file 'C:\users\WiresX\My Documents\Affimatech\N3FJP Software\Shared\arrlpre3.txt'.

Error reading file  'C:\users\WiresX\My Documents\Affimatech\N3FJP Software\Shared\arrlpre3.txt'.

Then when i try to download the file from AD1C
I get the message:
An exception accorded during a WebClient request.

Then on shut down I get this message.
Access to Path  'C:\users\WiresX\My Documents\Affimatech\N3FJP Software\Shared\History.txt' is denied

error writing file  'C:\users\WiresX\My Documents\Affimatech\N3FJP Software\Shared\history.txt'

I'm at a loss. its been so long that I used win 7
Unfortunately I can't upgrade to windows 10 No drivers for it

Thanks
--
Mitch
3 Aliens Web Hosting Hams get 10% Off use code HAMRADIO

Scott Davis

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  Regarding the permissions error, just go ahead and delete History.txt file.  You should then no longer see that error (unless your protection software decides to again clamp down on it for some reason).

Regarding the download from AD1C, that could also either be a permissions error (giving AC Log permission to download the file in your protection software will correct that and the History.txt error, too), or your version of Windows 7 doesn't have the latest updates (ensuring your OS has all the latest updates will correct that).

Another alternative is to simply copy arrlpre3.txt from your working PC and pasting in the directory specified.