Topics

Contesting Software Upgrades!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that I have added the following enhancements to all of the N3FJP Software contesting programs:

- Option for CW keying by the parallel port (in addition to the already existing serial port)
- ESC key terminates CW (ESC will still clear your fields when CW is not being transmitted)
- Improved CW timing performance
- CW WPM speed can be specified
- CW word spacing is user modifiable
- CW text being sent displays on the main form
- Addition of prosigns
- Program retrieves system time for UTC offset on startup
- Addition of a utility to send on-the-air code practice
- Items on main list can be copied to the Windows clipboard
- Graph background color can be changed from black to white

In addition, the programs are now uploaded as self-extracting executable files. That means that you don’t have to unzip the downloaded file (although you can if you want to). Just double click the exe file using Windows Explorer and setup will begin automatically. As always, the new versions are free to registered users.

I will probably wait to send this announcement to the larger "announcements only" list until Amateur Contact Log is ready, but I wanted to give you a heads-up and the opportunity for testing and feedback before we get into the fall contesting season. Please download the new versions, give them a whirl and let me know what you think. In addition to the performance upgrades, all of the above enhancements will also be included in ACLog 2.4 when it is ready.

As always, thanks for your great suggestions, kind thoughts and spreading the word about my software. I really appreciate it.

http://www.n3fjp.com/

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

Scott Davis

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I have to confess that hardware is not my strength so I  used a parallel interface provided by W1GEE.  I'm sure that there are some schematics out on the web somewhere.  I wish I had the time to investigate further.  My other schematics came from a good ham friend of mine.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance right now, Dee.  I hope you continue to enjoy using the software.

73, Scott, N3FJP
www.n3fjp.com

In a message dated 07/23/03 7:46:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, deehays@... writes:

Will you be posting a schematic for the parallel port/CW interface?

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee D. Flint <deehays@...>